• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

EVs - New Hampshire gets it right

AdironRider

The new Model 3 performance is quite the performance bargain. 45K (with tax credit) for 510 HP and 0-60 in 2.9 seconds is an all time speed deal.

drjeff

View attachment 62741

Maybe belongs in the boating thread.

Is this Granite's setup?
As a guy who grew up hanging on a tow rope behind many Nautiques on Winnipesaukee, appreciate the old school Nautique... but the reality is if one can afford (and feels like their ego needs) a cyber truck, the Nautique on the trailer behind the cyber truck should be either 25yrs newer or a Paragon wake boat version! 🤣🤣

SkiingInABlueDream

I watched it. The driver... what? Lost control of his foot? Had the car on auto drive?
I don't remember reading anything further about it after that clip had its moment, so Ill admit I'm speculating it's driver error, basically the same thing as when you hear about people launching cars into stripmall storefronts from the parking lot. (local news gobbles that shit up). Except with EV's the accel is much quicker. If that clip was an auto-pilot failure I reeeealy think we would have heard about it.
I think cars eventually will be required to have acceleration override; basically if the computer determines there's something in front of the vehicle, dont accelerate even if the driver is giving full throttle. As an old school car person myself, I hate the idea of a decision layer above me when Im at the wheel. But I think it will become necessary for safety. The average driver (and, if you go into the right urban places (cough Cambridge MA cough) pedestrians have become too stupid/careless for their own good.) /rant