• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

EVs - New Hampshire gets it right

Granite1

All New Hampshire residents that own an EV will now be subject to an excise tax to pay their fair share to maintain our highways. The tax will be added yearly when they register their EV, around $100 per year. I was irate when I heard the low rate. However, the report went on to say that is what the average gas vehicle owner pay each year. So, I guess it's fair. The state needs to do two more excise taxes/surcharges. NH EV owners need to be charged their fair share of the costs to install charging stations. I think an amount equal to the new EV excise tax around a $100 a year would be their fair share. Next, the state needs to charge the owners of out state EVs a similar excise tax/surcharge. This can be done through the RFID tolling stations on our NH highways, easily added to their toll by the VIN associated with all EVs.

jimmck

All New Hampshire residents that own an EV will now be subject to an excise tax to pay their fair share to maintain our highways. The tax will be added yearly when they register their EV, around $100 per year. I was irate when I heard the low rate. However, the report went on to say that is what the average gas vehicle owner pay each year. So, I guess it's fair. The state needs to do two more excise taxes/surcharges. NH EV owners need to be charged their fair share of the costs to install charging stations. I think an amount equal to the new EV excise tax around a $100 a year would be their fair share. Next, the state needs to charge the owners of out state EVs a similar excise tax/surcharge. This can be done through the RFID tolling stations on our NH highways, easily added to their toll by the VIN associated with all EVs.

Attachments

• sarcasm.gif
    sarcasm.gif
    1.6 MB · Views: 12

2Planker

Actually RI got it right. They got rid of excise tax 👍

BenedictGomez

It's probably more of a handout to the manufacturers who are almost certainly baking the credits into their EV pricing structures.

They are. They literally advertise the tax breaks.

52b87483-4ae0-43fe-8c42-29bb97786b0d-jpeg.8952

machski

It's probably more of a handout to the manufacturers who are almost certainly baking the credits into their EV pricing structures.
While there are federal credits available for some EV's, NH doesn't offer state rebates and some like Nissan's new Ariya are not eligible for the federal credits due to the fact they are built overseas currently. NH has it right, we all need to pay into road infrastructure. Out of state vehicles could pay at the roadside rechargers with a small road tax on that electric rate. Ho.e charging would be difficult to implement similar so the registration EV surcharge is appropriate IMHO.

SteezyRob

granite is really annoying most of the time but then he just comes out with a fucking banger like "Crusty saw his two buddies ski right by him while he was smoking his bong. He tried catching up with them but had to stop twice to rest because he is so out of shape from smoking weed all day and is 100 pounds overweight. When Crusty got on the lift, he was paired up with yahoo. Yahoo couldn't believe he had to ride the lift with Crusty and smell him. Crusty's breath is just as bad; half his teeth are missing, and the other half are brown and green from tooth decay caused by the thc in all the weed he smokes. Crusty has never washed his 12-year-old ski jacket and ski pants, which are covered with dirty stains and tears. He patches the holes and rips with flex seal. His clothes are just as dirty, and he doesn't wash them either. Once they wear out, he buys used clothes at the Salvation Army. Crusty lives in a one-room apartment on the worst street in the worst part of Trenton, NJ. The one window in the room opens up to the brick wall of the building next door. The dirty bathroom he uses is all the way down the hallway."