• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

F&B late season not to hijack the Vail sucks thread

deadheadskier

Staff member
At over $10 plus tip for a PBR at Hunter........no thanks. I'll drink elsewhere.

That's where I'm at these days at ski areas. They've really gone beyond what is an acceptable value to me. When pints were $6-7 for a middle of the road IPA, I'd buy 2-4 beers a day at the mountain almost every day skiing.

I have spent $0 on alcohol at ski resorts over my 25 days skiing so far this season.

Newpylong

I feel the same. I will drop $20 on a good burger at Killington because to me that is a little different than someone cracking a $0.75 at cost can of shit beer and handing it to you.

jimmywilson69

I only patronize on mountain F&B at ski resorts/areas when I'm on vacation. Even then its usually lunch and 1-2 beers. I'm not standing around pounding $10 or more beers.

2Planker

Bring Back the Bust N Burn w/ several kegs flowing freely on the Heat....
ESPN, Olympians... Those were the days

pinion

Back in the late 90's the North Peak lodge at SR used to have a baked potato station. Unlimited toppings. I forget what the cost was, but it was reasonable for a teenaged me. And best value to calorie ratio ever. I'd just buy that and - since I wasn't drinking age yet - get some rando to buy me some High Life from the package store on property. Now that's a lunch of anyone's dreams... a baked potato loaded with hot velveeta and enough bacon bits to give you a heart attack, plus Miller High Life :sick:

2Planker

Back in the late 90's the North Peak lodge at SR used to have a baked potato station. Unlimited toppings. I forget what the cost was, but it was reasonable for a teenaged me. And best value to calorie ratio ever. I'd just buy that and - since I wasn't drinking age yet - get some rando to buy me some High Life from the package store on property. Now that's a lunch of anyone's dreams... a baked potato loaded with hot velveeta and enough bacon bits to give you a heart attack, plus Miller High Life :sick:
YUP Best half priced meal on the hill for patrollers.

Les still owes me $20 from when his CC was denied at North Peak. Ha Ha

2Planker

you can have 1/1000th of a share to the Basalms!
We've talked about it.... He knows that I'm pretty tight, but keeps on hinting....
Anyone see the revamped Mountain View Grand in Whitefield lately ? Very Nice !!! The oldest of all the NH Grand Mountain hotels

deadheadskier

Staff member
The Atlanta Falcons figured out that they were better off going for the volume play by lowering prices and made more money.

More places should figure this out

When I can't have a couple of decent beers for $20 or less including tip or a cafeteria lunch for 2 for under $25, I'm not interested unless it's at a fly to destination.

The gouging that drives me nuts the most is bottled water pricing. I think Gunstock charges $4 a bottle. Seriously? It's like 25 cents a bottle wholesale.

zyk

One change we made one year was free bottled water. In the mid summer heat it looked like something out of mad max with the masses descending upon us as we restocked. But, hey, no dehydration or heat exhaustion. For the price of water seemed like a win to me.
The Atlanta Falcons figured out that they were better off going for the volume play by lowering prices and made more money.

More places should figure this out

When I can't have a couple of decent beers for $20 or less including tip or a cafeteria lunch for 2 for under $25, I'm not interested unless it's at a fly to destination.

The gouging that drives me nuts the most is bottled water pricing. I think Gunstock charges $4 a bottle. Seriously? It's like 25 cents a bottle wholesale.

Smellytele

We've talked about it.... He knows that I'm pretty tight, but keeps on hinting....
Anyone see the revamped Mountain View Grand in Whitefield lately ? Very Nice !!! The oldest of all the NH Grand Mountain hotels
I’ve stayed there a few times. Nice but not as nice as the mount washington. Also don’t bother with eating in the mvg wine cellar. Not worth it.
The bar is cool.

thebigo

Ragged mug club is $50 /year, you get an awesome local handcrafted pottery mug plus $6.50 16+ oz pours from flying goose and random other deals throughout the year. Deal cannot be beat.

20230204_144309.jpg

snoseek

Ragged mug club is $50 /year, you get an awesome local handcrafted pottery mug plus $6.50 16 oz pours from flying goose and random other deals throughout the year. Deal cannot be beat.

View attachment 56636
I saw the mugs at Wildcat this year and they were nothing like the ones i Remembered. They were just lame clear glasses

2Planker

Sure Wildcat Mug Club. BUT the bar is barely ever open.....

Sounds like a Vail Deal for sure