• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Favorite Early Season Trail?

deadheadskier

Staff member
World Cup at Okemo, the only trail I have skied this season so it gets the nod by default. But it is a pretty long trail so that was nice.

World Cup is a good one.

If I had to rank my 3 favorites it would be

Stowe: Lord > North Slope
Wildcat: Lynx
Okemo: World Cup

HowieT2

I may be in the minority but carving up Jester early season at the Bush is a lot of fun.

i hear ya. Perfect to get into the rhythm early in the season. Then later, as a change of pace speed run.

Zand

When Mt. Snow opened Chute about 5 years ago on the 2nd weekend of November and it was bumped top to bottom... that was pretty sick. Wish it could be replicated again. Never seen another early season trail come within the same universe as that trail that weekend.

SIKSKIER

How about something real awesome like Wallyworlds opening?

Waterville Valley Resort will be open with 3 trails on High Country serviced by the White Peaks Express Quad and the Pasture serviced by the J-Bar. Guests will download on White Peaks Quad at the end of the day.

That terrain up there is a joke.

Puck it

Waterville Valley Resort will be open with 3 trails on High Country serviced by the White Peaks Express Quad and the Pasture serviced by the J-Bar. Guests will download on White Peaks Quad at the end of the day.

Sorry to disagree. The trails are not terrible. The lift is the biggest problem. I hate that chair.

Savemeasammy

I've only skied WV once or twice, and I never felt compelled to ski that chair... If it were the only game in town, I would probably be happy to ski it, but there are too many other solid options out there IMO to make it worthwhile... This is probably a nice gesture for the pass holders. It sure beats what my local hill is offering right now!

SIKSKIER

Sorry to disagree. The trails are not terrible. The lift is the biggest problem. I hate that chair.

I guess I was a little harse with the terrain comment.The trails are not bad but its such a short/small area.As was mentioned though,more than my mountain has open this weekend so who the hell am I to judge?

xlr8r

It used to be conifer at Wawa. But for the last few years they have shifted to opening challenger and ralph's first, neither nearly as good as conifer.

bunny buster/mouse run/chute at Killington

Mouse Trap

Right Stuff

World Cup/Defiance (When open early season Defiance can be iffy early on but I still love it)