• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

favorite trail?

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Limiting my answer to on map non-glade:

Rumble at the Bush and Goat at Stowe are very nice, though I think I like Chin Clip at Stowe a bit more than Goat. LA at MRG is a classic but I rarely ski it as a trail all the way.

All great trails but I think if I could only ski one trail and had to choose, I go for Taft to Upper Hard to Middle Hard at Cannon. Technically three trails but I think of that run as one trail. It isn't the narrowest, it isn't the windiest, it isn't the steepest... but there is something about it that I always enjoy.

Wilmington at Whiteface is great

I agree with Snowmonster that Blind Ambition at Sunday River is amazing. The new expansion of it makes for a great easy glade that is great practice for harder stuff. Cant dog at Sugarloaf is my favorite glade though. Steep and tight.

deadheadskier

Staff member
This is kind of like asking me what's my favorite Grateful Dead song. Really tough to answer, but given some thought........

Polecat at Wildcat

Might sound like an odd choice, but it's the only trail at any mountain that I always ski first run every time I visit. When I go to ski Wildcat, even on a powder day and knowing all else it has to offer, I always look forward to a first run mellow cruise down Polecat and grin ear to ear every time.

It's desperately hard for me to name favorite runs at even individual areas, never mind across the entire region. Almost every major area has at least 5 trails I love, but Polecat I absolutely always love without fail, even during the worst of conditions.

....I'd say the same about the song Morning Dew by the Grateful Dead. ;)

Smellytele

This is kind of like asking me what's my favorite Grateful Dead song. Really tough to answer, but given some thought........

Polecat at Wildcat

Might sound like an odd choice, but it's the only trail at any mountain that I always ski first run every time I visit. When I go to ski Wildcat, even on a powder day and knowing all else it has to offer, I always look forward to a first run mellow cruise down Polecat and grin ear to ear every time.

It's desperately hard for me to name favorite runs at even individual areas, never mind across the entire region. Almost every major area has at least 5 trails I love, but Polecat I absolutely always love without fail, even during the worst of conditions.

More of an "Eyes of the World" guy myself or "Franklin's Tower" but usually do a Pole Cat run first as well at Wildcat

Last edited:

MadMadWorld

Polecat at Wildcat

Love Polecat. It's got a ton of character for a beginner trail and meanders down the mountain quite nicely. It is a great family trail that has something for everyone.....lots of turns and whales for the kids and great photo ops for the parents.

Cornhead

I really like Upper Mackenzie at Whiteface, the foot of fresh snow didn't hurt. It's almost like a natural terrain park, many buried huge boulders. I was digging the classic New England trails at Sugarbush and MRG last year. Middle Earth, Castle Rock, Antelope. Again, skied them after two feet of dumpage. They are like nothing back home, long, narrow, twisty, bumpy, I loved them. Exterminator was awesome on Mt. Ellen too.

bdfreetuna

non-glades (or mostly non-gladed) on the map only..

Preacher @ Bolton Valley
Valhalla @ Jay
The Jug @ Berkshire East
Paradise, Rumble @ Sugarbush