• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Favorite UnMarked Inbounds

MadMadWorld

I'm sure I will get attacked for this....

1. Must be within the ski area boundary based on the resorts trail map (things like TB at Wildcat are disqualified)
2. Mountain must allow boundary to boundary (i.e. the woods off of Ralph's Run at Wachusett would be disqualified)
3. Entrances and directions to said locations should be omitted

My favorites are:

Pumphouse/Ridge @ Jay
Church @ Sugarbush
just about everything skiers left of Paradise

bdfreetuna

Techically the Ridge @ Jay is marked but I agree that area ranks highly.

Church at Sugarbush is #1 for me. I usually spend half my day at Sugarbush taking different lines in that whole area.

MadMadWorld

Techically the Ridge @ Jay is marked but I agree that area ranks highly.

Church at Sugarbush is #1 for me. I usually spend half my day at Sugarbush taking different lines in that whole area.

I don't believe the Ridge is marked is it. I mean the stairs up to it are pretty obvious but it's not on the trail map and I haven't seen any signs

bdfreetuna

I don't believe the Ridge is marked is it. I mean the stairs up to it are pretty obvious but it's not on the trail map and I haven't seen any signs

Last time I skied it I thought there was a sign at the stairs that with an arrow or something saying "The Ridge". I could be remembering it wrong.

skiNEwhere

One could argue paradise as well. It's on the trail map, but last time I was at MRG (2010), the entrance wasn't marked. But seeing the typical type of patrons that go to MRG, I would think more know where the entrance is that those who don't

kingslug

If your brave, the backside of Plattekill when its deep..problem is..there is pretty much no way back but climbing up..lot of people have to get rescued from back there when they make a wrong turn onto a bike path..but it can be DEEP...not recommended though...

ScottySkis

If your brave, the backside of Plattekill when its deep..problem is..there is pretty much no way back but climbing up..lot of people have to get rescued from back there when they make a wrong turn onto a bike path..but it can be DEEP...not recommended though...

I did that my accident and took me for ever to for ever to get back up but it was amazing powder.

Cannonball

On a new snow day at Waterville you can ride through the base area then down each successive parking lot. The riding kinda sucks but the amount of walking it saves makes it a true favorite.

skiNEwhere

On a new snow day at Waterville you can ride through the base area then down each successive parking lot. The riding kinda sucks but the amount of walking it saves makes it a true favorite.

What's this I keep hearing about "indian burial grounds" at WVV?

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Last time I skied it I thought there was a sign at the stairs that with an arrow or something saying "The Ridge". I could be remembering it wrong.
Face Chute and Tuckerman Chute are the only two things along the ridge on the map.

One could argue paradise as well. It's on the trail map, but last time I was at MRG (2010), the entrance wasn't marked. But seeing the typical type of patrons that go to MRG, I would think more know where the entrance is that those who don't
Paradise has been on the map for a long time now. I don't think the entrance has ever been marked, at least as long as I have been skiing there, but it is pretty damn obvious. It certainly isn't unmarked considering it is on the trail map even if there is no sign showing where it cuts off from Fall Line.

And my favorite unmarked runs within the boundary are .......... at ........, .......... at .........., and .......... at ..........

Enjoy!