• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

First Snowfalls, Upcoming weather and Storms of winter 2022-2023. Storm snow totals, Observations and Predictions?

BodeMiller1

Too much warm air. Maybe the wind will come out of the north and someone will open, butt it's only Septober. :oops:

Attachments

• 20222861851_GOES16-ABI-CONUS-DayCloudPhase-625x375.jpg
    20222861851_GOES16-ABI-CONUS-DayCloudPhase-625x375.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 0

MidnightJester

MidnightJester

A small mountain and a bunny hill with a Magic carpet are the official winner. Hope its nearly free cause $50 is a little steep for a bunny fun time. They say call for early pricing

If Colorado can pull in anywhere near a foot of snow on the mountain tops this week and weekend plus full snow making they will be open partially in 2 weeks.

Last edited:

4aprice

A small mountain and a bunny hill with a Magic carpet are the official winner. Hope its nearly free cause $50 is a little steep for a bunny fun time. They say call for early pricing

If Colorado can pull in anywhere near a foot of snow on the mountain tops this week and weekend plus full snow making they will be open partially in 2 weeks.
Would a temporary opening count? I can't imagine they will be able to remain open while once A Basin opens they should be able to remain open. I'll let others be the judge.

Mean while I got on the snow last Saturday in the swamp.

IMG_2697.JPG

IMG_2710.JPG

IMG_2717.JPG

First time I've seen a decent line of moguls in there and according to facebook they plan on keeping or refreshing them regularly. Changes the dynamic for indoors.

MidnightJester

you may have just convinced me to go skiing 10 miles from my apartment this weekend
The indoor "Big Snow" is at American Dream Mall in Rutherford NJ. It is 28f and real man-made snow : ) Cost is ($39.99-$49.99) for 2 hours depending on if you book it in as little as a day in advance for the 39.99 even a few same day 39.99 bookings are available.

Looking at the live webcams you could lap the lift in the Daytime as fast as possible almost. The Live webcam runs in the middle of the page from the web link click the play button.

img_2697-jpg.54895

trail-map.jpg

Last edited:

Granite1

The indoor "Big Snow" is at American Dream Mall in Rutherford NJ. It is 28f and real man-made snow : ) Cost is ($39.99-$49.99) for 2 hours depending on if you book it in as little as a day in advance for the 39.99 even a few same day 39.99 bookings are available.

Looking at the live webcams you could lap the lift in the Daytime as fast as possible almost. The Live webcam runs in the middle of the page from the web link click the play button.

img_2697-jpg.54895

trail-map.jpg
Do the cannabis smokers light up on the chair at indoor skiing areas too? What about the boozers, do they throw their Bud Light cans off the chair indoors too?

BodeMiller1

Do the cannabis smokers light up on the chair at indoor skiing areas too? What about the boozers, do they throw their Bud Light cans off the chair indoors too?
Hmmm... Lets hope not across the board. It's not Killington. Don't think those kinds of things are allowed in that neck of the woods.

BodeMiller1

KustyTheKlown

lol for almost every place that article says 'no opening day listed'. what a shitty waste of an article. they could have just said 'killington is accepting reservations beginning nov 5'

Domeskier

you may have just convinced me to go skiing 10 miles from my apartment this weekend

Emailed them this morning - no moguls this weekend but they are planned for next weekend:

=======================
Hello

We are sorry we will not have moguls this weekend but they are planned for the following weekend.

The Big Snow Team