• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

First Snowfalls, Upcoming weather and Storms of winter 2022-2023. Storm snow totals, Observations and Predictions?

MidnightJester

Colorado is storming on the North American snow scene. Send just a little of your white stuff this way please

MidnightJester

Talk about white snow happiness building. These early storms for the west coast are going to give them one of the better Ski resort starts if it keeps up just a little bit longer.

Last edited:

MidnightJester

Snow and more snow, Lets go snow.

MidnightJester

machski

Now I see Southern California will be opening ahead of the NE with Mountain High planning to open by Thursday to passholders only then the weekend for all and Veterans will ski for free on Friday. They already have made a good foot of base and a storm coming in this weekend has forecasted 1 to 2 feet of snow for them. Good on them.

slatham

Temperature step down to start Monday. Maybe K blows for a bit. Then next Saturday a true cold blast. Hopefully a pattern change and not transient. But definitely an opportunity for a few (several?) days to make snow.

MidnightJester

Look at that beautiful cold White stuff coming to the West coast. Come on cold cross Country storm pattern somewhere and sometime.

Kingslug20

Hope the forecast for stowe holds..big temp drop.
It was 73 today in Burlington..oy

MidnightJester

Unless the cold Tuesday fades by the time we get there, I almost guarantee at least 2 areas will be making snow Tuesday night in New England.
Would think they would try to build a pile or two if it can withstand the little warm up and weekend storms coming Friday into Saturday

Hey SNOW sending just a little to the East coast and the North East at some point soon would be nice

Last edited:

tumbler

I have to admit I've been loving this weather especially with the shorter days. Snow will come. Thanksgiving was never a skiing holiday until recently.

MidnightJester

Last edited: