• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

First Snowfalls, Upcoming weather and Storms of winter 2023-2024. Storm snow totals, Observations and Predictions?

kingslug

Reading the Stowe report..15 inches and more on the way...
Here in utah...zero point zero...
But..it's still good out there...
Just wouldn't mind taking some runs at stowe in the pow...

skiur

6-7 inches here at K, much lighter than yesterday's cement. Still snowing lightly.

machski

Reading the Stowe report..15 inches and more on the way...
Here in utah...zero point zero...
But..it's still good out there...
Just wouldn't mind taking some runs at stowe in the pow...
You'd have trouble doing that, only the short triple at Spruce and Toll House Double are currently running due to wind holds.

TyWebb

A lil warm up this week and thn cooler temps - hopefully this dump and maybe a few more snow days saved my Spring Break with my son at the end of March. Have a few reservations with time to cancel. Have Lincoln NH for Waterville/Cannon but also reservations for Saddleback (2 days) - Jay (2 Days) which I'm now leaning towards. Also going to look at some colleges with him to get a feel as he wants to be in NE so he can ski often

Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 9.10.51 AM.png

Harvey

Website
nyskiblog.com
A lil warm up this week and thn cooler temps - hopefully this dump and maybe a few more snow days saved my Spring Break with my son at the end of March. Have a few reservations with time to cancel. Have Lincoln NH for Waterville/Cannon but also reservations for Saddleback (2 days) - Jay (2 Days) which I'm now leaning towards. Also going to look at some colleges with him to get a feel as he wants to be in NE so he can ski often

View attachment 61591
I recognize that!

kingslug

Had a day like that...blizzard..the old triple open 1 hour lines...still a great day in the deep.
Zoomer groomers here..or hardback moguls.
Hoping for something tomorrow

Zand

Epic day...can't wait for tomorrow.

Most uncomforting thing is blasting through a drainage glade like Canyonland or a lower mountain glade and you're in deep pow one second and about to go for a swim the next. The amount of open water is crazy. Vertigo with its more chute-y style terrain kinda sucked with lots of rocks and ice, and I'm sure some of the steeper tramside woods might be like that too tomorrow. Best snow today was definitely stuff like Jet woods and Kitz woods, loaded with fluffy pow.

snoseek

I fell into a good hole yesterday. There's open water yes.

Today at bolton. This place is nice. It's gotta Sierra at Tahoe layout and skis like a bigger, better black mtn. The wind got on the top layer but the trees are soft and easy turning mostly. I did get on some nasty windfuck

KustyTheKlown

pretty much any natural drainage is gonna have water in it after we've been running warm and wet for weeks. canyonland is in the shape of a ... canyon. no surprise there would be water running below the snow at the bottom of the U

BenedictGomez

pretty much any natural drainage is gonna have water in it after we've been running warm and wet for weeks. canyonland is in the shape of a ... canyon. no surprise there would be water running below the snow at the bottom of the U

Yeah, I just wouldn't expect that in early March at Jay Peak.

EDIT: Although there was that one season (cant remember which) about a decade ago where everything went to crap sometime in March, the worst season I can ever recall, but typically Jay Peak is outstanding deep into April.

BenedictGomez

Today at bolton. This place is nice.

Most underrated ski area in Vermont. Nobody goes there, and the woods are awesome.

I do regret not skiing there more when I lived in Vermont, but it was economical as I was poor and had an employee pass to Stowe and a (ill-begotten) college pass to Smuggs.

kingslug

Apparently the gloopy gloppy eastern storm followed me here...
But it did make things much better...then vis went to shit.
Back to vt now...for now..