• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

First Snowfalls, Upcoming weather and Storms of winter 2023-2024. Storm snow totals, Observations and Predictions?

KustyTheKlown

i cant take more time off after being gone for half of feb. hoping that enough falls sat night to make sunday funner than groomers.

MidnightJester

This may actually really work out well. 4-8" of heavy wet basebuilding snow on Saturday night, a lull on Sunday to drive up in, then another 6-12" of drier colder snow Sunday night into Monday.
That would be great 12" If things work out i am trying to beat out most of the system up to Tremblant for Sat enjoying Montreal and Sunday riding then decide if 2 days are worth it at Tremblant or come back to Jay peak for monday powder hopefully. Alot of driving so the SNOW need to happen to make it worth it

Tremblant looks like it could be in a good Magenta colored SNOW drop zone. Hard to find Canada snow maps lol. Seems to have missed out recently and down to 70/102 trails. Anyone have snow-forcasts for Tremblant

Last edited:

KustyTheKlown

That would be great 12" If things work out i am trying to beat out most of the system up to Tremblant for Sat enjoying Montreal and Sunday riding then decide if 2 days are worth it at Tremblant or come back to Jay peak for monday powder hopefully

imo montreal is the greatest city in north america that is not called new york.

its a really major food town and hard to narrow down all the spots for a quick visit, but if you want a nice dinner out, this is like quintessential quebec cuisine at a very high level in an awesome neighborhood - https://www.pieddecochon.com/en/

tourists will be drawn to downtown and old montreal on their first visit, but the plateau is 1000% where its at for real montreals doing cool and fun things. sort of like choosing to go to brooklyn over times square.

MidnightJester

tourists will be drawn to downtown and old montreal on their first visit, but the plateau is 1000% where its at for real montreals doing cool and fun things. sort of like choosing to go to brooklyn over times square
Take Brooklyn any day over Times square. Family roots from Flatbush(Flatlands). All the fun, wildness and new good locations in NYC moved & sprouted to brooklyn

Last edited:

Smellytele

The 80s called - they want their newsreels back
Read the news jackass…

Hillwalker95

Read the news jackass…

What's your point? NYC is not even close to top of most violent cities in US.

Smellytele

What's your point? NYC is not even close to top of most violent cities in US.
We have been through this before. Yes percentage wise the rate is not the highest I understand but I personally don’t like NYC and obviously others do as it is full of people. I do not like cities. To be honest I wouldn’t even want to live in SLC. Love the views and the closeness to skiing but the urban sprawl is horrendous. Strip mall hell!

KustyTheKlown

anyway. montreal is a really nice place for people who like cities and there are some world class restaurants.

MidnightJester

anyway. montreal is a really nice place for people who like cities and there are some world class restaurants.
What kind of hours do the bars and music houses keep. Is it alcohol and music till late?? Plateau is that a area like Manhattan Village/Williamsburg?? Hours they close-ish?? Never been there so will be nice

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

What kind of hours do the bars and music houses keep. Is it alcohol and music till late?? Plateau is that a area like Manhattan Village/Williamsburg?? Hours they close-ish lo?? Never been there so will be nice

When I lived near there it was 2am, but it's 3am now. Thank God it was 2am back in the day or I may not have survived. There are also "after hours clubs" up there too if that's your thing, though some of them are somewhat hidden and/or shady. There are plenty of decent bars & restaurants right downtown off Rue Crescent, Rue De La Montagne, and Rue Drummond, but if you're looking for a bit more local & dominantly francophone clientele I'd recommend the bars on/near Boulevard St-Laurent. I really love that city. And if you're going to be there October - April, you have to take in a Canadiens game, even if you dont really love hockey, or you've completely ****** up your vacation I promise you.

MidnightJester

Weekend storm duo to start warm then finish cold There are two storms that AccuWeather meteorologists are tracking that will converge on the Northeast this weekend into a wonderful SNOWSTORM.

(CDskier & Ingsy) : )
So we have a good chance at a happy SNOW ending to this weekend : )
SatNtNESnap7MarNn.jpg

page_a18dcd.jpg

5:11 Starts the Northeast

Last edited:

slatham

People need to watch this whole storm for snow, not just backsde. That accuweather graphic with mostly rain on front side is not accurate for elevation base on todays models (or even yesterday’s).

snoseek

Wildcat Tuesday Wednesday perhaps. Or Saddleback but that drive. Monday looks too windy for much to spin. I really hope this happens unlike the train of bullshit this year.