• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

First Snowfalls, Upcoming weather and Storms of winter 2023-2024. Storm snow totals, Observations and Predictions?

drjeff

Possible Nor'easter coming saturday...hmmm
I'm flying out Friday...coincidence...I think not.
Write this one in with a sharpie, not a pencil! Pond skim at Mount Snow this coming Saturday... It has been snowing a cold for the last 4 or 5 of them. Almost as good as the KS effect! 😉🤣

MidnightJester

Its going into "Week 20+" now and Conditions in the Northeast and New York and Vermont have improved coverage wise into this season's better MID-Season form amazingly. Here comes the SNOW boost you are looking for so Grab it if you can since spring is here. There are a few more Snow storm chances on the long range horizon. These are considered lift serviced trails at some of the open ski mountains on Tuesday 3/19/24. Hike to your delight for more trail fun. Ski and Board the Snow while its good

Thank you "ULLR" and "Mother Nature" just keep Partying like a Snow globe!

~~~~Northeast Shoutout~~~~
(Week 20+) Tuesday 3/19/24 (open trail counts)

Mount Snow, VT -- 45/86

Stratton, VT -- 60/99

Magic Mountain, VT -- 18/50

Okemo, VT -- 96/129

Killington Resort, VT -- 127/155

Sugarbush, VT -- 103/111

Bolton Valley, VT -- 62/71

Stowe, VT -- 104/127

Smugglers Notch, VT -- 74/78 (Smugglers finally getting nearly fully open)

Jay Peak, VT -- 81/81 (Fully open and They have all the SNOW goods)

--------------------------------------------

Belleayre, NY -- 51/61

Gore Mountain, NY -- 46/110

Hunter Mountain, NY -- 24/66

Windham, NY -- 27/54

Whiteface Mountain, NY -- 56/94

------------------------------------------

Sunday River, ME -- 107/139

Sugarloaf, ME -- 159/170

Saddleback, ME -- 68/68

-------------------------------------------

Wildcat ,NH -- 42/48 (Wow)

Attitash, NH -- 49/76

Loon Mountain, NH -- 40/73

Mount Sunapee, NH -- 45/67

Cannon, NH -- 61/97

Bretton Woods, NH -- 51/98

Last edited:

snoseek

It's a dreamy day at jay peak. I like how it's not a shitshow and the lifts are ski on

Attachments

• 20240319_105635.jpg
    20240319_105635.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
  • 20240319_092838.jpg
    20240319_092838.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 9

Zand

It's a dreamy day at jay peak. I like how it's not a shitshow and the lifts are ski on
Damn I should've waited a week and missed le habitant ski week.

Almost starting to feel like a 2018 redux this year, if this storm this weekend produces I think this year will be a good comparison.

snoseek

Probably the nicest snow I've skied this year today. Top 5 since I moved back east honestly. The rest of the week looks pretty good get some.

AdironRider

Can confirm, today was great and no crowd at all.

I really dig how a two minute walk from the top of the Bonnie gets you access to the entire tramside terrain but eliminates 90% of the traffic.

BodeMiller1

For Sat - Tues they saying a 60% chance of snow. The jet is going out to sea around Maryland. This is good to lock in cold air.

Attachments

• 1710888604682168888060956378580.jpg
    1710888604682168888060956378580.jpg
    487.7 KB · Views: 4

BodeMiller1

Stowe is getting good up slope snow. An unfrozen Lake Champlain and rives flowing the wrong way(North) feed moisture and cold. Killington also.

MidnightJester

Snow is Happening, Snow has been happening most of the week, More Snow is on the way and multiple Mountains are making and blowing SNOW. A good SNOW week to say the least. Best or tied for nearly best of the season could be here again : ) Middle VT and North has received 12"-21" of SNOW since Sunday :)

Go Mountains GO!! Long live the SNOW "season's" : )
DCT_SPECIAL48_1280x720.jpg

Last edited:

drjeff

Snow is Happening, Snow has been happening most of the week, More Snow is on the way and multiple Mountains are making and blowing SNOW. A good SNOW week to say the least. Best or tied for nearly best of the season could be here again : )

Go Mountains GO!! Long live the SNOW season's : )
I will admit that I am definitely feeling better about having taken "Eclipse Week" off and my chances of there still being more than just a few core trails open and available in the Northeast to ski. Even next week is looking "seasonable", which isn't abad thing right now.

And it has seemed the last few years that once we get past a week or 2 of warm and wet in later March/early April, that a cooler set up than normal has hung around for much of April. Obviously that doesn't mean anything this year, but who knows??

KustyTheKlown

a little bummed that i committed to being home this weekend, and have maine reservations for the long weekend of the 29th (we get good friday off). i know its still far out but im hating hte GFS for that weekend. and if it verifies ill cancel. i have the absolute worst luck with maine. i will prob never ski saddleback at this rate.

snoseek

a little bummed that i committed to being home this weekend, and have maine reservations for the long weekend of the 29th (we get good friday off). i know its still far out but im hating hte GFS for that weekend. and if it verifies ill cancel. i have the absolute worst luck with maine. i will prob never ski saddleback at this rate.
It's a good time to not be a man of your word. Can you uncommitt?

MidnightJester

Storms to gather on US East coast with rain, wind and snow to start weekend. Two storms are expected to merge on the Atlantic coast, bringing vast areas of rain, gusty winds and snow for the start of the first weekend of spring along the Eastern Seaboard.

The heaviest snow will fall in northern New England, where 6-12 inches of snow with an AccuWeather Local StormMaxâ„¢ of 18 inches is most likely to occur from central Vermont to central Maine.
FridaySnap19Mar.jpg

SatSnap19Mar.jpg

SnowMapNEFriNtSat20Mar.jpg

TyWebb

Long way out but I saw I saw one guys future forecast on YouTube and his model didn't look like a full disaster.

I have reservations for my sons spring break (28th -2nd) and have to start cancelling one by Monday but will have a better idea by thn on Thurs/Fri ski days, time on the others. Rangeley/Burlington/Lincoln NH. I am going to end up going anyhow most likely since we are checking out a few schools for him so I'll try to put those on the days it might be real shitty or just somewhat shitty if other days look ok.