• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

First time at Stowe

Lazer

Group trip to Stowe, tomorrow. I've never been there. What are your favorite trails? I like moguls :)

Savemeasammy

Goat, Starr, and National. It is rumored that they have some other trails there, but I can't confirm... :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BenedictGomez

Chin Clip is the best mogul trail at Stowe.

Very lightly trafficked too since the Gondy terrain is mostly lower level folks, plus the fact snowboarders avoid it like the plague. There were days when I used to pretty much lap Chin Clip until I was tired, and would then go home.

MadMadWorld

Chin Clip is the best mogul trail at Stowe.

Very lightly trafficked too since the Gondy terrain is mostly lower level folks, plus the fact snowboarders avoid it like the plague. There were days when I used to pretty much lap Chin Clip until I was tired, and would then go home.

Who knows if Chin Clip or Centerline will be open this weekend.

Savemeasammy

How can you mention the Front Four trails without Liftline?? Not cool.

It's been a while, but I remember thinking Liftline didn't really measure up... Don't Starr and National follow the fall line better? I'm sure someone will school me on this ;)

MadMadWorld

It's been a while, but I remember thinking Liftline didn't really measure up... Don't Starr and National follow the fall line better? I'm sure someone will school me on this ;)

Yea Liftline is the red headed step child. I would have picked a different trail but because they were all right next to each other it kind of made sense. Lookout would have been a better choice IMO

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Haven't been there for quite a few years but remember skiing around a large wooden retaining wall that dropped into a steep chute and opened up into a gladed area

Savemeasammy

I just looked it up - 86.

I always thought I remembered liftline as not following the fall line all that well, which is why I didn't ski it... On google earth, it doesn't look like what I remembered.

Last edited:

KevinF

Centerline has bumps, but according to the snow report page, it's closed. It certainly has snow on it; I have a feeling it's just an unskiiable sheet of ice right now.

Gulch (which is open) has (had?) bumps on it as well.

National was open on man-made snow; last time I saw it (last week), it was pretty firm and hadn't started bumping up yet. Liftline is open and had some bumps down skier's right.

And that's about it right now for bump runs. All the usual bump run suspects are closed.

steamboat1

National has medium sized bumps top to bottom & is open. I think it received some snowmaking as it was well covered. Centerline is closed but has huge bumps on it. The one small section on lower Liftline that is usually left ungroomed was also bumped up & open. This is as of yesterday Fri. 1/9.