• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Folsom Custom ski stolen from Loon 2/5

kconn

I had a new pair of Folsom Custom ski taken from Loon Mountain on Sat 2/5/11. These are very unique skis. The have a Marker Duke binding mounted. Under the binding is my name "Ken Connolly" along with the manufacture date stamped next to my name. The skis are twin tip, 137/107/127 in a 180 length. They are the only skis like it in New England. If you see someone on them, kill them or at least call the police and report the thief. The theft was reported with Loon Security and Lincoln NH Police Dept.

Here is a photo of the skis. If the peson is stupid enough to wear them locally, you would notice them in the lift line.View attachment 4322

thetrailboss

Staff member
Keep an eye on Craigslist and EBay. Something that unique will be easy to spot....theoretically at least.

kconn

I have been watching both sites. I would assume the person that took them knew what they were grabbing and intends to keep them for personal use. If they ski Loon again, they will be in for a rude reception. I have about 20 employees and regulars on the look out.

dmc

If they ski Loon again, they will be in for a rude reception. I have about 20 employees and regulars on the look out.

yeah get in there and kick the crap out of him.... :roll:

kconn

They were not locked. They were unattended for about ten minutes while I went in the lodge to get my kids.

dmc

They were not locked. They were unattended for about ten minutes while I went in the lodge to get my kids.

If i had a dollar for every time I've heard this story - I'd have enough to buy you new skis...

good luck..

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com

I feel for you. Locks are so cheap and simple and small. Skis are too important to take chances. +vibes+ for finding your sticks again

hammer

I feel for you. Locks are so cheap and simple and small. Skis are too important to take chances. +vibes+ for finding your sticks again
I've become less concerned about my intermediate-level skis but I still lock them up most times and always at larger ski areas. My son has Line Chronics that weren't expensive but have real nice looking topsheets...and I'm always reminding him to keep them locked up.

Best hope for the OP is that the skis are so unique that they will be found.

tekweezle

wish they made some sort of mini gps you could glue or embed into your skis and then track them with your cell phone or laptop.

BenedictGomez

Not only am I so paranoid about ski theft that I always lock my skis, but I always put one ski with my skiing partners ski and lock them, and then lock the other set of mismatched skis a good 20 feet away.

kconn

If it is the same BC, the instructor, I ran into him as I was leaving. I have a lot of regular weekday skiers that are friends of mine keeping an eye out. I just hope the thief is a really stupid one.