• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Free Stratton Tickets

BeanoNYC

Re: Stratton Txts

tirolerpeter said:
If we all took our vouchers and went to the sales office at the same time we could likely "hurry them along" if they tried to make us sit through a long presentation!

LMAO! Could you imagine all of us together, dying to make turns in a sales pitch together at 9:00 AM?. That poor sales person wouldn't have a snowballs chance in hell. Imagine a pow day?

MrMagic

haven been to stratton in about 5 years, and with a free ticket ill be this year - for sure!!!! great find! thanks

sledhaulingmedic

thetrailboss said:
ctenidae said:
It's still working. i think the 1000 number is bunk.
Mapquest says Stratton is 4 hours from Boston. Does that sound right? (That's a long drive)

Four hours--yeah that sounds right. 2 hours to I-91 in Greenfield and then up 91 to Route 30 and across. Might be closer. You just 'can't get thea' from he'ah."

From 126 and 93, It's 130 Miles to Magic. With much of it on secondary roads, it's 2:45 (unless huge traffic or, better yet SNOW :D ) Three hours is a good bet, including getting and returning coffee :wink:

ctenidae

How much would it cost to rent a big van and a driver to shuttle a bunch of us to Stratton? Maybe make two stops to pick up along the way. AZ Party Bus style?

tjd

Thanks!

Thanks for the tip.

I just got a voucher good for 2 tickets!

Stratton is about 3 hours for me from Fairfield County CT

Geoff

ctenidae said:
It's still working. i think the 1000 number is bunk.
Mapquest says Stratton is 4 hours from Boston. Does that sound right? (That's a long drive)

It depends where you're starting from in metro-Boston. I grew up skiing there as a kid when it was double chairs and no snowmaking. I did the Masshole drive every weekend. The fastest route from metro-Boston is Route 2 all the way out to Greenfield. I-91 North to VT exit 2. VT Route 30 to Bondville. Left onto the access road. You can also take the back road to the Sun Bowl from Jamaica and shave a few minutes though these tickets have to be redeemed in the main base lodge. If it's not Boston rush hour, you should be able to do it in sub-3 hours at speed limit + 10 from Fresh Pond Circle in Cambridge if you don't get unlucky with traffic. At 5:00 on a Friday, you might be better off leaving at 5:00 am on Saturday morning.

ozskier

Website
instagram.com
Gmail has an interesting feature that may help you avoid spam. You can add an additional chunk of text to your gmail address by simply adding a plus sign to your username, and then following it with something to trick spammers. For example, if my email address is "ozskier@gmail.com", and I were signing up for a new account on adultwebsiteofchoice.com, I might give my address as ozskier+nothanks@gmail.com.

teachski

Website
teachski.com
Based on some of the concerns I read here and on another site, I sent an email to Stratton. Here is the reply:
----- Original Message -----
To: 'albas@charter.net'
Sent: Monday, September 19, 2005 9:47 AM
Subject: FW: Stratton Free Snow Day

Hi,

Not a Spam - this is real. We want you to try the mountain. Why do you think it's not real - too good to be true?

Thank you,
Greg Meulemans
Marketing Manager
www.stratton.com

From what I understand (from another site) there are no more free tickets left now.