• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Friday 24th Sat 25th

mlkrgr

Well, not one for me. Was thinking of using a voucher to go to Stowe on Saturday and I don't know if that's prudent as it rain is in the forecast for Friday w/ a freeze overnight and then 19 mph winds are on tap for Satruday :( :puke:. Can't win! :(

drjeff

Don't give up on this one yet. Some models today have more cold air than it looked like yesterday trying to get mixed into the equation in atleast central to Northern New England.

Now we just have to see if the awful trend of systems tending to be running warmer and dryer by the time they get to New England this "winter" doesn't happen this time around!

Tooth

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
hope springs eternal

Keep your eyes peeled on this one. Note to self - repack that pack.

Lionel says
"So all in all, excluding what falls with the Thursday event we’re looking at 8-16 inches of snow this weekend across the highest terrain when all is said and done by Sunday. Not too bad. "

Noyes is looking for 6+ in NNE, probably heavy snow.

Matt has a most interesting chart.
6a00d83451c01c69e2016301d613b7970d-800wi

At this point, I don't care if I have to pay a stinking full holiday price ticket!

Matt aired this report tonight

6a00d83451c01c69e2016762d1f9ea970b-800wi

Last edited:

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Noyes goes on to say,,

"Note, also, the bullseye of snowfall near Jay Peak in Northern Vermont, owing largely to continued "upslope" snows Friday night into Saturday for the north and west facing slopes of the Green Mountains."

Glenn

I'd be happy with a few inches of snow. Anything is better than rain. What a figgin 'winter'. I was outside doing yardwork yesterday after work. Total Crap.

Bostonian

According to Cannon's website they are saying a potential of 5-8 inches out of this storm... I am thinking though I may hit Magic sunday since that is on my to-do list this season... Decisions decisions