• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Friday 24th Sat 25th

k123

Due to some behind the scenes issues, we had a forecast interruption this week. Sorry bout that. A little late to the game on this one but for what it's worth, I scrambled up an update for this evening and will update again Friday AM. South/Central areas get the front end of this, then northern areas pick up their accumulations Friday night. Upslope for NVT/NNH helps out on Saturday with better fluff.

www.snowforecast.com/VermontSkiResorts

How much snow do you think Gore will get out of this storm? I have vouchers for both Gore and Magic that I can use Sunday and I'm trying to decide where to head.

WinnChill

How much snow do you think Gore will get out of this storm? I have vouchers for both Gore and Magic that I can use Sunday and I'm trying to decide where to head.

Real tough call--negligible differences between the two--perhaps a slight edge to Gore with it slightly further north of the mixing and towards the higher end of 6-10". I'll take another look in the AM.

k123

Real tough call--negligible differences between the two--perhaps a slight edge to Gore with it slightly further north of the mixing and towards the higher end of 6-10". I'll take another look in the AM.

Thanks for the speedy reply. Can't wait for some :snow: :snow: :snow:

WinnChill

Had to drop Magic's amounts down with a little more mixing...Gore too could get some mixing but still may have the edge over Magic. Tough call still but perhaps half a foot for Gore and probably just under for Magic.

4aprice

Had to drop Magic's amounts down with a little more mixing...Gore too could get some mixing but still may have the edge over Magic. Tough call still but perhaps half a foot for Gore and probably just under for Magic.

Your up early Winn but appreciate the information. Looks like we could be in for a decent period of weather finally. Thanks for your hard work.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

WinnChill

Your up early Winn but appreciate the information. Looks like we could be in for a decent period of weather finally. Thanks for your hard work.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Thanks. Trying to play a little catch up on this one--we had some disruptions this week but we're back at it. These mixing events still give us fits.

UVSHTSTRM

So WinnChill and others, does the fact that this storm got a late start becuase of the coastal low not being the primary storm affect your snowfall predictions? Perhaps you had already accounted for this. The reason I asked was because several of the local TV gurus lowered their storm totals because the storm along the coast that is now moving through with limitied moisture didn't not get a transfer of energy from the storm over the midwest. Now the snow we will get will be from the much weaker (when it gets to us) storm. Is this the case or did I read to much into this.

WJenness

Car packed, SR bound after work tonight... If the winds are honkin' tomorrow morning I'll sleep late and hang out in the hot tub, maybe go snowshoeing with the gf and chase whatever's left on Sunday... If the wind isn't bad, I'll pay the full walk up rate... I don't even care!

GO SNOW!!!

-w

WinnChill

So WinnChill and others, does the fact that this storm got a late start becuase of the coastal low not being the primary storm affect your snowfall predictions? Perhaps you had already accounted for this. The reason I asked was because several of the local TV gurus lowered their storm totals because the storm along the coast that is now moving through with limitied moisture didn't not get a transfer of energy from the storm over the midwest. Now the snow we will get will be from the much weaker (when it gets to us) storm. Is this the case or did I read to much into this.

Yeah, the front end stuff poo-pooed and lowered amounts for southern areas this morning--less moisture overall for them with them dry slotting a bit more and some mixing but didn't change northern areas too much due to the storm developing tonight. That's why I kept NNH thru NME amounts on the higher side as they transfer to upslope into Saturday.

WJenness

Yeah, the front end stuff poo-pooed and lowered amounts for southern areas this morning--less moisture overall for them with them dry slotting a bit more and some mixing but didn't change northern areas too much due to the storm developing tonight. That's why I kept NNH thru NME amounts on the higher side as they transfer to upslope into Saturday.

Ah well... should make the first part of the drive tonight easier anyway...

-w

abc

Wonder how will the drive up be like...

What's the time frame of the precip? As much as I crave powder, I have a fairly long drive ~5hr. Doing all of that in heavy snow could turn it into an all-nighter and I won't be in any condition to ski...

jrmagic

Im sitting at Magic waiting for it to fall. Waking up to a bare deck and the downward revision was a bit of a bummer but Im looking forward to whatever we can wring from this one. Its been skiing great all week and this can only make it better.