• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

From skiing to general public

mondeo

Warning, rambling follows:

So I've noticed a couple of things recently where aspects of skiing have made it into other areas of life. One noticed a while back was Denver's airport doing a test breaking apart groups of travelers into beginner, intermediate, and experts at passing through security, complete with green circles, blue squares, and black diamonds.

Of similar note, I was just looking at Cedar Point's website, and they classify their rides with a thrill level of 1-5, with green circles through double blacks to go along with them. Not sure where the yellow triangle for 3 came from, though.

And watching Transformers last week, I noticed a critical piece of equipment used to keep the Allspark (and possibly Megatron, didn't notice) frozen: a fan gun.