• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Glad I don't.....

thetrailboss

Staff member
...sell snowmobiles or snowmobile for that matter. VPR reported yesterday that dealers are reporting a 40 percent DECLINE in sales :eek:

This weather SUCKS! :x

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
yea, snow mobiling up here is taking a huge hit. they can't just blow more snow out there! the humerous aspect of the situation (if there is one at all) is the local sled shop is running radio ads saying how great the conditions are :eek: tough year.

thetrailboss

Staff member
riverc0il said:
yea, snow mobiling up here is taking a huge hit. they can't just blow more snow out there!

Huh? :blink: Snowmobiling doesn't involve snowmaking.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
thetrailboss said:
riverc0il said:
yea, snow mobiling up here is taking a huge hit. they can't just blow more snow out there!

Huh? :blink: Snowmobiling doesn't involve snowmaking.
um, yea, exactly my point. as opposed to ski areas which CAN just blow more snow. clearly ski areas have not been hit as hard as the snow mobile industry. despite the crappy january, most ski areas are still operating a decent amount of trails.

BeanoNYC

I've never been on a sled, but am dying to try it. It seems whenever I have the opportunity to get up north, I spend my money on skiing. :) Oh well, I guess I have to win the lottery first.

Zand

I'm a snowmobiler and I've been ONCE the whole year, December 9th. Last year, I got over 1,000 miles. I've only got 120 this year. I went almost every weekend last year, from New Years till St. Patricks.

Right now, there is absolutely NO snow here. Not even a snowbank. That's how bad it is.