• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Gon-DLl-uh or Gon-DOH-luh

How do you pronounce the word Gondola

• Gon-DL-uh

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Gon-DOH-luh

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

ScottySkis

Word! Was riding the cannon tram the other day and had no option to avoid listening to the in-depth conversation next to me. One guy was holding court on the differences between the Killington trams and the Loon trams. Strangling strangers is still illegal in NH right?
That is ridiculous. I actually didn't really like the tram at Snowbird because it felt like the NYC subway train with all the people squeezed in.

gregnye

Actually, to fully answer the question, I call a gondola "a pain in the butt" because I hate taking off my skis!!! Bubble chairs are the best of both worlds!!

BenedictGomez

Here's a question I'd love to know the answer to.

Why at any resort is the Tram and/or Gondola wait longer than any lift?

I'm sure some will say because of comfort from wind etc..., but this answer = FALSE, because even on the most beautiful and sunny, 0mph wind days the Tram and Gondola line is the longest.

My personal unscientific opinion? Many people just think it's cool.

ScottySkis

Here's a question I'd love to know the answer to.

Why at any resort is the Tram and/or Gondola wait longer than any lift?

I'm sure some will say because of comfort from wind etc..., but this answer = FALSE, because even on the most beautiful and sunny, 0mph wind days the Tram and Gondola line is the longest.

My personal unscientific opinion? Many people just think it's cool.

I don't know, but it makes I love it when just me and my girlfriend Mary in their.