• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Good Boarding Boots

spooner

Website
www.spoonerphoto.com
Just posting to see if anyone has opinions on good boarding boots. I currently have Burton Ruler's which initially held up well but towards the end of the season I started to get blisters. I tried some variations to improve fit with no real result.

I am unfortunatley in between size 11 & 12. Is there a boot out there that tends to run a little larger or smaller that you know of?

Trial and error is too expensive with boots.

Thanks for your help!

MarkC

I am not sure if they still make them but I have a pair of DC Phantom boots that are the most comfortable boots I have ever owned. I put them on in the morning when I leave the house and they stay on all day long. They are more comfortable than my regular boots. They are or at least were also available in a size 11.5.

MadPadraic

The general advice is go to a boot fitter. I own a pair of Burtons and pair of thirtytwo. The thirtytwo's have held up and still fit my feet well after 4 years. I tend to go for comfort above all else, but I will probably try them first when looking for a backcountry boot next year.