• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Gore 12/9/18

JimG.

Staff member
Going to make it a point to get to Gore more often this season. Yesterday was really a great day with blue skies and nice temps. Snow was plentiful and trails like Chatiemac and Hawkeye kept me happy featuring steep terrain with huge snowmaking whales and nice bumps. Topridge and Uncas skied very well too.

Gore is a very underrated mountain.

andrec10

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter..
Going to make it a point to get to Gore more often this season. Yesterday was really a great day with blue skies and nice temps. Snow was plentiful and trails like Chatiemac and Hawkeye kept me happy featuring steep terrain with huge snowmaking whales and nice bumps. Topridge and Uncas skied very well too.

Gore is a very underrated mountain.

Seems like they have been getting the needed snowmaking upgrades they have so badly needed for a long time!

JimG.

Staff member
Seems like they have been getting the needed snowmaking upgrades they have so badly needed for a long time!

In addition to the good snowmaking they have had a good amount of natural snowfall; there is a good base in most of the trees, several glades like Straight Brook looked very skiable. In fact several glades in the Straight Brook and High Peaks pods were open a week or two ago.

Warp Daddy

Have Skied Gore for decades , great venue and vert ,something for everyone ! 9 venues on basically 4 peaks mostly ski on skiing . Very decent interconnects

Even on Presidents week , once off the gondi the 9 sides provide great value and primarily no lines . If you like glades well , u can go nuts there .

Cornhead

It was really fun for so early in the season. Hero bumps, and hero whales. Hawkeye and Chatimac were soft bumps with soft iceless troughs. Topridge was a treat in the afternoon. Sun drenched styro-whales right down the middle from top to bottom. A styrofoam rollercoaster, weeeee! Not a very natural skiing experience,, but fun nonetheless.

I was immediately impressed by the whales on Chatimac. Never remember seeing that it all my trips to Gore. Whale after whale on a pretty long ass trail. Kudos to Gore.
IMG_20181209_102850.jpgIMG_20181209_102847.jpgIMG_20181209_102435.jpgIMG_20181209_102430.jpgIMG_20181209_102218.jpg

Sent from my Life Max using AlpineZone mobile app

Bene288

Looks like the snowmaking upgrades are paying off. Gore rarely has this much terrain open early.

Harvey

Website
nyskiblog.com
All of the grant money in the past has been for Low E guns because it is underwritten by NYSERDA and energy producers. This is certainly good, but only half the equation.

This year the state ponied up to increase pumping capacity which has really been the weak link.

Gore went from 6 pumps to 9, with a small delay as 2 of them had some technical issues. I believe (but not positive) they are now at full strength.