• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Gore NY thread

Killingtime

Just booked a hotel room in North Creek for my annual Gore trip. Glad to see the improvements. Gore always had a unfinished feeling to me, with tons of untapped potential.

andrec10

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter..
Just booked a hotel room in North Creek for my annual Gore trip. Glad to see the improvements. Gore always had a unfinished feeling to me, with tons of untapped potential.

Had not been to Gore in over 5 years until this past March. What an improvement! Now with the 2 new chairs, not too shabby. My son bought a season pass last March and only used it 2 days before Covid took over. Has all this season.

I will be up there more this winter. And then next winter we will be living near Lake George. I will still visit Huntah at least once a month, since I have been skiing there since 1972.

Cobbold

I always assumed it was called the Dark Side due to the aspect of those trails where they don't tend to see as much sun. I could be wrong though...

Here's an older trail map where in the description for the "High Peaks Area" it refers to it as "The Dark Side":
https://skimap.org/data/320/2109/1448562247.jpg

Thanks cd skier for that info, haven’t skied gore in awhile, think it’s a great place to ski, tend to go vt than ny for weekend ski trips