• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Gunstock 3-9-2013

Bostonian

Date: 3-9-2013

Ski Resort: Gunstock, NH

Conditions: Spring, Soft Snow

Report: Another great day at the Mighty G. With bluebird skies, warm temps and a ton of snow, it was a day not to miss. Started out being on the first chair this morning at 8:30. With smooth firm corduroy under my skis I flew down Trigger. Making my way back up the panorama quad the next run down Recoil which was equally great. Then I got my ass handed to me on Hotshot. Bumped up big time it made for a very ugly run. But I made it down. A lot different then the last time I was on it. Next up were runs down recoil again and also gunsmoke, and also flintrock to cannonball. after a few runs off of the Tiger Triple I grabbed lunch and a Switchback. Took a few more runs through the glades and then pistol before calling it a day at 2. Some pics of course:

Recoil Glades:

azutezu8.jpg

Top of Tiger Steeps:

ahy6enyn.jpg

Hotshot:

uzavy2ug.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:

deadheadskier

Staff member
Pics aren't showing up for some reason.

I'll be there tomorrow for a few hours from around 11 until 2.

How was the brush on Hot Shot?

HD333

We were at Gunstock yesterday. Finally got my beginner snowboarder daughter up the Pan.
Recoil Glades were nice. Did Hot Shot late in the day it was thin in spots with brush popping up but still the run of the day for me.
Probably be there today for a few runs before heading home.
On a funny note the new snowboarder wants to ski today because as she said "the glades and hot shot are open I can do those on my skis but not my snowboard " at least she knows her limits.

WinnChill

It was killing me that we couldn't get up there this weekend--too many hockey games for our little guy. At least we got out on Friday at Crotched. I'm glad the Big G skied well and you took advantage of a perfect weekend! Pics are awesome--thanks for posting!

ScottySkis

It was killing me that we couldn't get up there this weekend--too many hockey games for our little guy. At least we got out on Friday at Crotched. I'm glad the Big G skied well and you took advantage of a perfect weekend! Pics are awesome--thanks for posting!

Hockey is always an exceptional that is good to me for not skiing. How was your sons team and him do?

hammer

How well do you think the cover will hold out over the next few weeks? Thinking about options for the 23rd...we hit Gunstock a few years ago late-season and it was real nice, no crowds and good coverage.

Bostonian

I think they should be okay so long as there are no significant r*in events. They have a really good base (as of Saturday), and while I don't think I will be up there this weekend (my eyes are on Cannon, though they do have a 7:30am lift for us passholders), but I will try to make it up the 23rd and also April 7th for their pond skimming contest according to the calendar. So far as a season passholder this year, I have been very pleased with how great the mountain has been.

deadheadskier

Staff member
At Gunstock right now. I'd say hotshot and upper recoil glades will be done after tomorrow. Mountain will actually be closed tomorrow due to the rain. Snowmaking trails have plenty of base though.

WinnChill

At Gunstock right now. I'd say hotshot and upper recoil glades will be done after tomorrow. Mountain will actually be closed tomorrow due to the rain. Snowmaking trails have plenty of base though.

YEah, I hate to say it but Tuesday is going to be a tough day for everyone.

WinnChill

I'm glad you were able to squeeze one more day out of it though. Take a run down Pistol for me, will ya?