• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hallowell Reservior - 4/7

BackLoafRiver

I am usually a gym guy during the week as I have to go from school then back so I only have a few hours to work out. I made it there and decided screw it...I am going biking. The weather today was fantastic and I knew the rest of the week was going to be a crap shoot.

Decided on the reservoir instead of Bond Brook. Turned out to be a great choice. I would say it was 90% dry. All the singletrack in the interior was very dry and someone had apparently done a little maintenance on it in the past day or so. It had been raked out and was in awesome shape. The only stuff that couldn't be touched was a section of track that climbed a pretty decent hill and came down a set of switchbacks. There was still a massive puddle there.

Powpig can probably add some more insight but I really love riding there. I know there have been issues with development so the trail options are limited but it is great fun. Again, I did around 7.5 miles in an hour. A pretty slow pace and for the first 15 minutes or so, I felt like I had a 900lb gorilla strapped to my back. Slow and sloppy riding.

I took a few shots and will post them when I get home tonight.

BackLoafRiver

Some random stuff:
DSCN3687.jpg

DSCN3688.jpg

DSCN3689.jpg

DSCN3690.jpg

DSCN3691.jpg

powpig2002

we were in on easter and it hadn't been cleaned. i was going in today. thanks for posting. saved me a walk w/ a rake. i love that place. no ticks to speak of. my 4 legged riding partner likes that fact. bond brook is loaded.

BackLoafRiver

Nice man! What did you rake out? How was the riding?

I think I am gonna hit it up tomorrow sometime late A.M. I just got home from a long day so I think I am gonna pass on skiing tomorrow. Too much to do around the house. :roll: Fail. Let me know if you are around.