• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Happy Fall!

Glenn

It should be cooler by the weekend...and that's a good thing.

Greg

Staff member
Got lots of beech/birch leaves starting to drop on the back yard. Been real dry lately so it's probably gonna all happen quick this year.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
This thread leads me to regrets. I regret that my parents are no longer with us and I can no longer make amends. I had just moved here, they came to visit. They wanted to go for a drive to see leaves. I was simply clueless. I spent the afternoon driving around on highways. Now that I've spent decades out and about on backroads, I know lots of beautiful roads worthy of leaf-peeping, away from the tourons..... :(

Glenn

This thread leads me to regrets. I regret that my parents are no longer with us and I can no longer make amends. I had just moved here, they came to visit. They wanted to go for a drive to see leaves. I was simply clueless. I spent the afternoon driving around on highways. Now that I've spent decades out and about on backroads, I know lots of beautiful roads worthy of leaf-peeping, away from the tourons..... :(

Don't be so hard on yourself. You were new the area, how could you know the backroads?

I've been at my job for 10+ years. 3 weeks ago, I found a shortcut less than an 1/8th of a mile from the office.

snafu

Today is more like it, nice and cool this morning. Weatherman said that there would be a possible frost tonight or tomorrow...:cool:

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
It's fall. Put your orange cap on and make sure you heed the warning:

watchforsnowplowsapproachinginyourlane.jpg

Either you really drive slow or you're in the wrong lane!
:blink: