• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Has anyone actually been able to ski to their parking lot at Waterville?

New Daddy

The map at the parking at Waterville shows you a trail that you can go down on to reach any of their 9 parking lots.
But when I tried to at the end of skiing the other day, the segment that started from the base didn't seem to have enough inclination to give you any momentum.
I was parked in Lot 7 and was trying to ski down from the skier's right at the base.

Has anyone actually been able to ski to their parking lot at Waterville?

chuckstah

I skied right to the car in lot 4 on my one visit this season. No issues. Haven't tried the other trail to the lower lots.

chrisw

Thanks for the confirmation. Maybe I was looking at the wrong path. I'll give it another try on my next visit.
I skied to Lot 7 last weekend. The trail actually starts from the top of the Lower Meadows lift, to skier's right, with a sign that says "Sno-Vehicles Only." Now, notwithstanding why they couldn't fit the W in 'snow" on the sign, the trail into the woods was groomed, adequately pitched, and once past the maintenance facility (for those sno-vehicles) joined the access road on the back-side of the parking lots. It appears they plowed and groomed a snow base on 50% of the road. Just watch out for cinders tilled in with the snow!