• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

HGTV Dream Home 2012

gmcunni

HGTV’s senior vice president and general manager Kathleen Finch presided over the ceremonies and many Scripps Networks employees were in attendance. We are proud to announce that we received more than 81 million entries this year — a new record!

looking forward to the good news on Saturday.

bigbog

Boy oh Boy....sure nice to see that beautiful house for a skiing family's tradition being passed down to the winner of the ParkCity Dream Home...:rolleyes: ie....another house flipper...non-skier. <-- Not really sure about this, didn't listen to dialogue, just guessed from appearances...

Last edited:

gmcunni

i didn't win the 2013 house either.. obviously there is a "fix" in @ HGTV. The house was in South Carolina, i was planning to take the cash and buy a mountain house instead... :-/

BenedictGomez

Boy oh Boy....sure nice to see that beautiful house for a skiing family's tradition being passed down to the winner of the ParkCity Dream Home...:rolleyes: ie....another house flipper...non-skier. <-- Not really sure about this, didn't listen to dialogue, just guessed from appearances...

You would be a house-flipper too if you won, as would probably about 97.5% of Americans due to either choice or necessity.

i didn't win the 2013 house either.. obviously there is a "fix" in @ HGTV. The house was in South Carolina, i was planning to take the cash and buy a mountain house instead... :-/

I watched the unveiling show, and honest to God I was NOT impressed this year. I dont know if they had budget issues this season in terms of building etc... but it wasnt 1/2 as nice as the Stowe house last season.

gmcunni

I watched the unveiling show, and honest to God I was NOT impressed this year. I dont know if they had budget issues this season in terms of building etc... but it wasnt 1/2 as nice as the Stowe house last season.
agreed, wasn't impressed with the house or location but i entered anyway

bigbog

You would be a house-flipper too if you won, as would probably about 97.5% of Americans due to either choice or necessity.

Bite your tongue cityboy!..lol. Agree with you in that there may be other places in the West to settle down... but I work remotely pt as it is... Add in other stuff(IT & other work) and one can live in places like that, however taxes may make it tough....but the neighborhood-lifestyle is worth it. Once you've gotten a few decades of a-hole corporate supervisors making a-hole decisions....not pulling in $1k/wk these days isn't tough to take. It's all what you appreciate in life. Some enjoy groomed trails, some don't.

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

Bite your tongue cityboy!..lol. Agree with you in that there may be other places in the West to settle down... but I work remotely pt as it is... Add in other stuff(IT & other work) and one can live in places like that, however taxes may make it tough....but the neighborhood-lifestyle is worth it. Once you've gotten a few decades of a-hole corporate supervisors making a-hole decisions....not pulling in $1k/wk these days isn't tough to take. It's all what you appreciate in life. Some enjoy groomed trails, some don't.

My comments on why 97.5% of Americans would flip the house didnt primarily have to do with moving to and living in an entirely new area (although that certainly factors into it), but with the economic realities you'd encounter when the US Government comes knocking on your door for their cut of the $2.2 Million in taxable income (not to mention the state government too). Yes, believe it or not, if you win a house, it's considered "taxable income".