• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

HGTV Dream House- Stowe, Vt

Anklebiter

HGTV is giving one lucky viewer the chance to win a modern, alpine lodge in picturesque Stowe, Vermont. This location is four seasons of total adventure - think summer camp meets Adirondack retreat with tons of 5-star luxury. The winner of the 15th HGTV Dream Home 2011 grand prize package will also win a 2011 GMC Acadia Denali, five hundred thousand dollars in cash AND every single item in the house. All it takes is one step inside and you'll be ready to move right in!

Start entering for the contest on January 1st.

If someone from Alpinezone wins, can I come for a visit? :cool:

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I saw that last week and chose to ignore it. I'd be happy with a little heated shack somewhere. I spend so little time inside when I'm in the mountains (any season) save for sleeping and eating, that it would all be lost on me.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I saw that last week and chose to ignore it. I'd be happy with a little heated shack somewhere. I spend so little time inside when I'm in the mountains (any season) save for sleeping and eating, that it would all be lost on me.
Be practical about the matter! You could flip the house and buy yourself a small cabin in the woods and have skiing paid for the rest of your life and then some!

wa-loaf

Be practical about the matter! You could flip the house and buy yourself a small cabin in the woods and have skiing paid for the rest of your life and then some!

Yeah, who needs $500,000 anyway .... :smash:

Hell, turn it into a rental house and get an income from it. I see a nice small ski/lake house for me in NE and a condo at Snowbird ...

crank

I was involved with a H&G house give away sweepstakes years ago, before they had their own cable network. They expect the winner you to take cash and will have a figure in mind. Or you can take the house...

moon

Well, we can't all have a heated little shack. A luxury home at Stowe is a nice consolation. ;)

Anklebiter

That's what we would do. Sell the dream house and pay the taxes. Sell my house and move to the mountains. Buy a small beach condo for the wife and invest the rest.

bigbog

My wife promises me she is going to win this for me. ;)
Now that's a prize worth getting, especially in ski country.
The last several have been won by friggin' Floridian landlords who spend their days surfin' the Web and running AR....would be great to at least see this place won by someone who'd appreciate...not only the house, but the territory...
Thanks for letting us know AB....I'd almost forgotten this annual event....
$.01

Anklebiter

Now that's a prize worth getting, especially in ski country.
The last several have been won by friggin' Floridian landlords who spend their days surfin' the Web and running AR....would be great to at least see this place won by someone who'd appreciate...not only the house, but the territory...
Thanks for letting us know AB....I'd almost forgotten this annual event....
$.01

Good luck

ski220

I'll take it!

How does one enter said contest?

BLESS

too modern for my tastes...I think they missed the boat on this one. Granted, I would love to win it and its beautiful. Just not my taste in a home.

aveski2000

Grand Prize Winner will have the option of receiving $650,000 in cash in addition to the $500,000 cash prize and automobile mentioned above for a total ARV of $1,201,120.

Ice Queen

Sorry, everyone, I'm going to win it. But I will invite you all over! I looked at the plans online, it looks like there's a separate "ski dorm" type area down below with its own kitchen and big bathroom. So I can stay up in the main part of the house and you crazies can go nuts downstairs. I guess you can come up too if you're not too crazy. Or if you're not too crazy too late....