• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

HGTV Dream House- Stowe, Vt

Anklebiter

According to this

"The lucky winners of the home will have to relocate in Stowe, Vermont."

Unless, I missed it in he rules page on the hgtv website. I didn't see where you have to make the Dream Home your primary residence.

I did see this, "Prize cannot be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash except at Main Sponsor's sole discretion". So, does that mean if you decide on the house ($2 million) over the cash ($1,2 million), you can't turn around in a year or so and sell it? If that's the case, I'll take the cash.

jaja111

Unless, I missed it in he rules page on the hgtv website. I didn't see where you have to make the Dream Home your primary residence.

I did see this, "Prize cannot be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash except at Main Sponsor's sole discretion". So, does that mean if you decide on the house ($2 million) over the cash ($1,2 million), you can't turn around in a year or so and sell it? If that's the case, I'll take the cash.

That doesn't mean squat after they hand over the title. Besides, you'll have $500,000 to retain an attorney.

I like the house. It's all scotch upstairs and kegger below. I'd keep it and rent it out to pay for the taxes. I certainly wouldn't want to live there year round in hoity toity land of Spruce Mountain estates whatever there in Stowe... besides it doesn't even have a garage. Chandeliers in a two car "car barn" and not even enough space for a workbench?

SIKSKIER

Watched the show about the house on HGTV last night.Not exactly my cup of tea but who cares?With a Denali and $500,000 thrown in I could make the sacrifice.

WWF-VT

Best fine print in the contest rules....

"Main Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a background check on any potential Grand Prize Winner and reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any person based on such background check if Main Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that awarding the prize to such potential Grand Prize Winner might reflect negatively on Main Sponsor or any of the Participating Product Sponsors."

deadheadskier

Staff member
Best fine print in the contest rules....

"Main Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a background check on any potential Grand Prize Winner and reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any person based on such background check if Main Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that awarding the prize to such potential Grand Prize Winner might reflect negatively on Main Sponsor or any of the Participating Product Sponsors."

So about a year ago, if Michael Vick won, he'd be SOL.

gmcunni

assuming in pass the background check you will all be invited to stay at my new home for some awesome spring skiing this year.

mikestaple

Slackers. I'm winning the 330 million Megamillions tomorrow night, buying Stowe, and making it my own private mountain - ala Cartman and the amusement park on South Park.

gmcunni

I also read the rules and did not see that mentioned.

just in case HGTV is reading this forum i wanted to let them know i have no problem moving my primary residence to Stowe. I will miss my family but they can come visit me on weekends.

jimmywilson69

My wife said we can move to stowe as well, she just isn't going to be a teacher anymore.

I said, I'll put the house for sale tomorrow!

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
The question is ... is it slope side?

No. There would be a little walk involved to any lift from what I can tell from my friend's description.

"The house is right off Mountain Road (visible from Mountain Road) Its on a piece of land that comes right after the Spruce Peak Lodge, but before you get to the driveway entry to the Gondola. Same side of the road as Spruce Peak Lodge. "