• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hobart NY

Abominable

You could pretty much walk to Platty from there! Nice.

I love Andes too - cool town, love that bar / saloon / hotel in town.

No help on rentals though, sorry. Good luck!

ScottySkis

Or even better move to the real town of Woodstock NY. Have no problem finding Mary their and plenty of like minded people their from what I been told. Still just under hour to work. Close to PT job meet site in Kingston for travel and close to bus station to hop on bus to see family. I never been to real town of weedstock lol although we go right by on way to Platty or Bell.

ScottySkis

Most likely just want to move to town about 15 or 20 miles from Kingston with cheap rent I never been to the town I like to check out one doesn't mean I move their or not.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

ScottySkis

Got the job just have take drug test and did usually crime check and verify jobs.maybe I move to Kingston area

Funky_Catskills

Most likely just want to move to town about 15 or 20 miles from Kingston with cheap rent I never been to the town I like to check out one doesn't mean I move their or not.

Woodstock is expensive.. And the weed sucks there.. Bunch of old hippies..

Check Phoenicia - cool town..

ScottySkis

Thanks DMC I was thinking of that town it half way to work and half way to Kingston part time job work .

Last edited:

ScottySkis

Just drove far away for physical all the way last Cooperstown .what trip. Took. Route 28 all the from my cut in on back road about 20 miles west of Kingston. Beautiful and sceenic but long. Driving home now pass Hobart and drove by possible place of my next employment. Big facility I think I seen it skiing backside if Platty once before I walked back up. Route 23 quickly for sure.

ScottySkis

The company t wants to know if you're open for 1st shift guess this means I be working again .Yahoo
[emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji41]

Actually working 2nd shift

Last edited:

Cornhead

Congrats Scotty, maybe we'll be able to hook up for some spring turns at K, if you move to that area I can pick you up on the way.

snoseek

Well i guess you got that pesky drug test out of the way! Good luck and have fun.

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

ScottySkis

You'll be just over the backside from Platty.
Thanks everyone .I think that when I skied the backside once by accident I saw what looked like a big parking lot must had been this place. After 5 minutes of going through beautiful sniw I walked. Back up.

ScottySkis

Good news I start new job Friday 3 be training show me around and what I be doing. Go to RGIS inventory Ipm. I going to start at 9 am so 2 hours max without speeding it be mostly back roads in good weather conditions it be average of 1 hr 45 minutes each way once I get feel for commute down. I going to leave Friday home early like 6 am.