• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Holiday lights thread

drjeff

20201122_193730.jpgwhile they're not all Christmas lights, whatever religion and/or traditions one follows, they're all nice to look at! This is aboit 1/2 of my front yard display this evening, I have about the same number of lights on timers I found out today that apparently "succumbed" to COVID since I put them away in my basement last January 😉 , and then aboit 2000 more colored lights in my backyard to put up still!

Sadly, the 1000 or so lights I usually put up around the front and back of my Mount Snow Condo won't be going up due to the quarantine travel issues and the spike in cases now

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
View attachment 42615while they're not all Christmas lights, whatever religion and/or traditions one follows, they're all nice to look at! This is aboit 1/2 of my front yard display this evening, I have about the same number of lights on timers I found out today that apparently "succumbed" to COVID since I put them away in my basement last January 😉 , and then aboit 2000 more colored lights in my backyard to put up still!

Sadly, the 1000 or so lights I usually put up around the front and back of my Mount Snow Condo won't be going up due to the quarantine travel issues and the spike in cases now
oh I like this thread. mine going up this week, I'll share when I'm done !

jimk

christmas lights.jpg
Sorry, should have got a night time photo. There are many lights on roof. Just rode by this house on my bike today. I little old lady lives there. One year I saw a big gang of cub scouts putting up her Christmas decorations for her. Something very heart warming to know she's still alive in 2020 and the cub scouts are still helping with that chore. Happy Holidays everybody.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Dang! @cdskier that's incredible. My kids would go nuts. They want so many inflateable decorations haha. one of the downsides to living in FL is no basement, so there is nowhere to store all this stuff. I have some overhead racks in in the garage and like 7 /8 rubbermaid totes of xmas decorations but I can't swing all of the reindeer, nutcrackers, etc.

cdskier

Dang! @cdskier that's incredible. My kids would go nuts. They want so many inflateable decorations haha. one of the downsides to living in FL is no basement, so there is nowhere to store all this stuff. I have some overhead racks in in the garage and like 7 /8 rubbermaid totes of xmas decorations but I can't swing all of the reindeer, nutcrackers, etc.

Hah! Thanks! I have stuff stored in 3 different spots. Some is in a crawlspace under the front of the house, some in the shed, and some in the attic.

The Brain freeze snowman is new this year (replacing a different shivering snowman blowup that I had for a bunch of years that finally ripped and had to be thrown out at the end of last year).

jimk

View attachment 42635
Sorry, should have got a night time photo. There are many lights on roof. Just rode by this house on my bike today. I little old lady lives there. One year I saw a big gang of cub scouts putting up her Christmas decorations for her. Something very heart warming to know she's still alive in 2020 and the cub scouts are still helping with that chore. Happy Holidays everybody.

Bump!
I went by the above house just now. Little old lady still hanging in there one year later and Cub Scouts must still be helping to hang her lights. Here's her house at nighttime:
little old lady xmas lights.jpg

By the way, wife, daughter and I visited Amish Country a few days ago and also went to nearby Longwood Gardens in Kennett Square, PA for their holiday light display. These photos don't do it justice, spectacular:
longwood gardens outdoor pano.jpg
longwood gardens outdoor lights.jpglongwood gardens conservatory.jpg