• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How many hours do you work each week?

How many hours do you work a week?

• 70+ hours (I'm a workaholic...)

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • 60 - 70 hours

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • 50 - 60 hours

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • 40 - 50 hours

Votes: 29 40.8%
  • 30 - 40 hours

Votes: 20 28.2%
  • < 30 hours

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • SAH mom/dad...don't ask

Votes: 2 2.8%

• Total voters

Geoff

I'm working zero hours per week.

In my usual life, I tend to work 50+ hours. I usually log three long 12 hour days, one shorter day where I try to have a midweek life, and I'm out of the office prompty on Friday afternoon. I never work weekends. Ever.

skiing is life

i only work over the summer bcause im 15:cool:. i think that was a 40 hour work week as a summer camp counciler. (no i wasnt a volunteer)

however ive got a working permit and ive applied at my local hardware store for a 15 hour work week as the people who put items in bags for people (i dont know the real name of them)

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I run in the 40-50 range. If I get called upon during my off time, I just go in a little later the next day since my salary is based on 40 hours.
When I was hourly, I would be in the 60-70 range and rack up the OT

aveski2000

I work 40 hours on a regular week. Six on certain Saturdays for OT. I do have 30 vacation days a year.:lol:

WoodCore

Between 55 and 65 hours a week. Unfortunately I'm on salary and don't get any overtime.

prisnah

I'm AT work from 8:30am-5:30pm M-F so 45 hours.......however I realistically only work about half that time.

Got a vaca coming up next week and then we get x-mas week off too (not to mention the 3 days off we just got for turkey day), so I'm hoping it dumps all December like it did last year. Freakin turns galore.

Hawkshot99

I was moved to a salary position on Sun. so no more overtime for me.:sad:

On a regular week i work around 50 hours. However holiday time I work like crazy. Lets take X-mas week for example. I looked at the schedule and I am working 10 straight days of 13 hours.........:-o I hope they don't actually expect me to be there that much.

As our business continues to grow..I imagine I'll eventually work more hours. When I first began 4 years ago there were the same number of employees but our volume was significantly less. To help justify my salary..I hit the road and cold-called on alot of funeral homes..some of whom are our dealers who have really helped increase business. The current employees have to work more...if we hired more employees..things wouldn't be as profitable and then raises wouldn't be as good. Hopefully business will grow enough that I'll have an assistant..I can dream..lol