• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter $17 tickets on friday, is it going to be a zoo?

skisheep

Thread title says it all basically. Hunter is offering $17 tickets on friday if you donate 3 canned goods to their food drive. I'm thinking of taking the day off and going, but how bad are crowds there when they have an event like this? Better or worse than a typical weekend?(I try to avoid weekends there at all costs unless there's some sort of event keeping crowds down(Super Bowl Sunday was not too busy...))

Thanks!
-skisheep

skiking4

Well, given the previous weather plus http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Hunter-Mountain/6day/mid (aka freezing), I'm sure it won't be crowded. Worry about conditions a bit more than the crowds!

Even when its crowded, the only lift that actually has crowds/lines is the 6-pack. Plus, all the best terrain's on the backside off one of my favorite lifts in the East (about a 5 min lift ride with never any lines to access the longest, steepest face south of VT).

catskills

Is it going to be a zoo? .....
Thanks!
-skisheep

Hunter is always a zoo because strange creatures from NY City like to ski there. These strange creatures make skiing at Hunter very different. :slap:

Seriously, I doubt Friday will be any different than any other midweek day at Hunter. The weather report is high of 36 and partly cloudy. That would mean the sun may soften the snow up by about 10:00am and it should be an awesome day of skiing.

dmc

Total zoo... Gorillas... Hippos... Elephants... total zoo...

skisheep

Well it's great that it won't be a zoo, will be even less of a zoo since unfortunately that little thing called work got in the way and I'm not going to be there :( For those who take advantage of this great deal, enjoy!
-skisheep

catskillman

Total zoo... Gorillas... Hippos... Elephants... total zoo...

and there will be plenty of monkey's there of course

Actually I just checked the webcam and the place looks empty!

dmc

Looks empty from the cam shot..

I have to work all day - no slipping out for turns... :(