• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter 2/24

SKI-3PO

Mini TR

Pretty good day at Hunter today with the family. Got out about 8:45. Top 2/3 of the mountain were pretty socked in with fog early. Finally could see top from bottom around noon. The snow surface was very consistent early which helped with the lack of viz. Temps seemed a bit higher than expected especially in the AM. Down low snow was rippably soft all day. My runs of the day were Racers and Ike. No lines at all on either triple or west side when I was at each. 1 min wait on six pack till about 10:30 - it grew to maybe 5 mins after that.

skiking4

Was there today too. Clair's was quick and hard, K27 & Crossover were arguably untouchable. Park skied awesome today. Zipperline bumps & jumps after the mogul competition on Broadway was sweet. Jimmy Huega skied nice, Wayout skied nice. As 3PO states, lower down was quite mushy, but everything was fun besides Crossover & K27 bumps IMO. Perhaps Kennedy to the bad list- it was a mess.

As for lines, quite nice. Longest line maybe 10 min at the 6 pack, but all other lifts completely empty. A lot of NYC peeps out and about and sporting their usual attire in 'tude & wear.

Hit 70+ MPH on flying down Clair's (according to the SkiTracks app) and had a real good time in the Park, overall it was a great day. Just watch out, it rained a bit and the snow is WET with some big ICE so I don't know how it's gonna ski until they either a) blow lots of snow or b) get some mother nature help. I was on my Volkl Racetigers, and they were digging into the ice but getting shoved around by the clumps of wet stuff on the mushier slopes (Kennedy especially). Those wider skis with edges is what you want. If I brought out my edgeless K2 Apache Raiders, I woulda slid around a lot but been able to plow through a bit better.

ScottySkis

Was there today too. Clair's was quick and hard, K27 & Crossover were arguably untouchable. Park skied awesome today. Zipperline bumps & jumps after the mogul competition on Broadway was sweet. Jimmy Huega skied nice, Wayout skied nice. As 3PO states, lower down was quite mushy, but everything was fun besides Crossover & K27 bumps IMO. Perhaps Kennedy to the bad list- it was a mess.

As for lines, quite nice. Longest line maybe 10 min at the 6 pack, but all other lifts completely empty. A lot of NYC peeps out and about and sporting their usual attire in 'tude & wear.

Hit 70+ MPH on flying down Clair's (according to the SkiTracks app) and had a real good time in the Park, overall it was a great day. Just watch out, it rained a bit and the snow is WET with some big ICE so I don't know how it's gonna ski until they either a) blow lots of snow or b) get some mother nature help. I was on my Volkl Racetigers, and they were digging into the ice but getting shoved around by the clumps of wet stuff on the mushier slopes (Kennedy especially). Those wider skis with edges is what you want. If I brought out my edgeless K2 Apache Raiders, I woulda slid around a lot but been able to plow through a bit better.

I don't need a car at 70 can you fly literary to the Google car mountains .:)