• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter 3/8/17

JimG.

Staff member
I knew it was going to be a great day when I saw that the bumps on Cliff from this past weekend were still there. So were the bumps on Lower Crossover.

With temps in the mid 40's and plenty of sun, Upper Crossover and Lower K softened nicely and were both great all day. I like having bumps on Upper Crossover transitioning to more bumps on Lower Crossover. That's how it should always be. Lower K was pretty well covered still but snow loss today was evident.

Awesome day with moresnow skiing lots of bumps. Wish I could go again tomorrow, conditions will be similar. Another cold weekend will not help the fun factor I'm afraid. Get out there tomorrow if you can!

tnt1234

How deep did the snow pack look? No problem making it to next weekend you think?

Shredder of Gnar

...... I like having bumps on Upper Crossover transitioning to more bumps on Lower Crossover. That's how it should always be.......

Yes! And week before last we had upper X to awesome milky zipper line too, which was incredible! It was that, or upper K to lower K, also incredible! After rotating between those two 8 or 10 times, I barely had enough energy remaining to walk to my car at the end of the day that Thursday and Friday... :)

JimG.

Staff member
Yeah they say they will make snow this weekend. Certain high traffic areas were again getting thin.

kingslug

Looks like most of the potential snow will land tuesday and end wednesday. But, they will probably grooom the hell out of it wednesday, when I could possibly get there. Hmmm.

kingslug

[FONT=&quot]AFTERNOON UPDATE:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Guns have been cranked all day today, and we’re excited about all of the new snow we’ve made. We’ll be making snow all over the mountain tonight, so make sure you get here this weekend to cop some freshies and enjoy it ;)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Tonight’s forecast is calling for partly cloudy skies and a low of 4 degrees. Tomorrow will be cloudy with a high near 15 degrees. It’s safe to say that these cold temps are just what we need to keep the snow guns up and running, continuing to resurface terrain![/FONT]