• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter intel?

abc

Now that the latest storm finally got Hunter west fully open, I'm starting to think about going... Hopefully the line of the west side isn't too bad?

I've seen people mentioned earlier the north parking was relatively less crowded and the north lift have much shorter lines too.

Any first hand report this week?

Close to Epic, but snow was thick.

Attachments

• PXL_20210202_163103138.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210202_163103138.MP.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 63
  • PXL_20210202_184256803.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210202_184256803.MP.jpg
    792.3 KB · Views: 68

cdskier

jesus run a mower or send someone up there with a weed whacker

I've never seen so many people on an overgrown slope

That's certainly one of the most strange skiing photos I've seen in a while...

catskillman

I can't believe they opened 44 with that brush - They clearly did not plan on opening it this season or they would have cut down some of it. But by opening it they can sell more lift tickets as a larger % of the mountain is open. it is now at 89%. The only thing not open, which clearly could be after this storm if Westway and Anna are open, is the blue and black runs on Hunter 1 / east.

LonghornSkier

Is that photo with the brush of WestWay? What angle is it taken from if so?

When I was at Hunter earlier this season, it didn't look like it had been mowed at all. With that said-I don't think you can really "mow" that trail anymore. It's more "small trees" than "tall grass." Give it a few more years and I think it could turn into a nice glade type trail (almost like Sleeper at Sugarbush or something)..

So Inclined

I can't believe they opened 44 with that brush - They clearly did not plan on opening it this season or they would have cut down some of it. But by opening it they can sell more lift tickets as a larger % of the mountain is open. it is now at 89%. The only thing not open, which clearly could be after this storm if Westway and Anna are open, is the blue and black runs on Hunter 1 / east.
Two of those three blues off E Lift (the orange one on Hunter One) were already open last weekend. Central Park (the zig-zagger under the lift) was covered and groomed too - no idea if they'll actually open it though. I haven't seen it running in a few years.