• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter Mountain-12/10/06

millerm277

Date(s) Skied:

December 10th

Resort or Ski Area:

Hunter Mountain

Conditions:

Belt Pkwy-Had a lot of people throughout the day, but stayed pretty good until 3ish, when some real ice started to develop after the turn for Way Out.
Hellgate-Beautiful, plenty of snow all day, was a bit icy in the afternoon in the section right after the turn.
Minya Konka-Great trail for the whole day.. There was a bit of dirt showing at the top of it, but that was it.
Lower Crossover-Fun, stayed soft until the end, great snow
Eisenhower Drive-The top had tons of snow, a bit of dirt and ice in the middle, and some great snow on the last drop.
Kennedy Drive-Pretty flat all day, nice to blast down.

Trip Report:

A perfect day. Great conditions, no ice until 3PM, decent soft bumps on Hellgate/7th Ave. and Minya Konka/Lower Crossover. Crowds were minimal, I think the longest I waited for the Quad was 2 minutes around 1:15PM. No one on the D lift, and a few people on the B and F lifts. Hunter One looked pretty empty as well, but I didn't check it out. Only minor complaint was that the crossover to Kennedy from Off Broadway wasn't open, so I had to ski down Gateway/Madison Ave.

Snowguns were not running while I was there, but the ones on Minya Konka, Eisenhower, and part of Belt looked to be ready to go.

Temps were probably the mid/high 40s, and no wind.

Greg

Staff member
Cool. Glad to see they got some more terrain open. They were definitely blowing snow like mad on Friday.