• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter Mt. - Any Updates on New Lift Installation

Rambo

Anyone have any status info. on Hunter Mountains new High Speed 6-Pack lift project?

Also: Are they going to refurbish the old High-Speed Quad and convert it to a fixed grip and install it on the West Side? (I hear that project may be one more year away).

dmc

Quad is coming down!
I'll go take some pix later...

YOu correct about the refrub

dmc

All the chairs are off... Looks like they are taking down in pieces..
IMG_0894.JPG

IMG_0897.JPG

HunterQuadRIP3.jpg

Zipline stuff
HunterQuadRIP8.jpg

andrec10

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter..
I thought the towers were going to be used over on the west side. I dont see how they can use these towers for a 6-pack. Have you ever seen the towers for a 6-pack, they are a lot bigger than the quads... Also, they will never have the new 6-pack running by August at the rate they are moving, IMO

Last edited:

dmc

I thought the towers were going to be used over on the west side. I dont see how they can use these towers for a 6-pack. Have you ever seen the towers for a 6-pack, they are a lot bigger than the quads... Also, they will never have the new 6-pack running by August at the rate they are moving, IMO

Maybe it's the bases he was talking about..
Poma was supposedly coming to see if they could be reused... These are drunken bar conversations.. So... Take it with a grain of salt.

RichT

N Haledon, NJ/Jewett, NY/South Seaside Park, NJ
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Adventure Tower Near Completion!

That's right people, the New York Zipline folks have been hard at work constructing North America's tallest and longest zipline here at Hunter Mountain. Here are some pictures of the 60ft adventure tower to get you amped up!

New York Zipline Adventure Tours will open it's mid-mountain and adventure tower on Memorial Day for seasonpassholders, and for Mountain Jam, and then reopen on June 9th for the public. Also, don't forget that the skyride will be open Memorial Day weekend as well. See you all soon

SKYRIDE??? HOW THEY GOING TO DO THAT?

dmc

A slushy inch or so will accumulate across lower
elevations...while 2 to locally 5 inches will accumulate across
those areas 2000 feet and higher.