• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter to start snowmaking tomorrow!

millerm277

Makes sense to take advantage of this weather. Cold enough to make snow even at the base for almost the whole of the next week, never gets above 36F.

Could be a great start.

New improvements to the snowmaking infrastructure. A few new snow guns. Night skiing.

ScottySkis

Great to hear I had a lot of fun here this past spring and looking forward to more days here this winter.

slatham

Wow, the CAMS show the guns going up on Hellgate. Surprised they were able to get going last night. Given the weather over the next 10 days I'll bet they have a lot open by 22nd - including a run down to west side.

JimG.

Staff member
Adding night skiing a good move for Hunter.

I know I would ski and stay more if I could ski until 6pm on Sat.

millerm277

Adding night skiing a good move for Hunter.

I know I would ski and stay more if I could ski until 6pm on Sat.

Maybe if it was the main mountain. If it's just Hunter One, I can't see that being much of a draw at all. That said, I've heard nothing about this at all, was there an announcement?

JimG.

Staff member
Maybe if it was the main mountain. If it's just Hunter One, I can't see that being much of a draw at all. That said, I've heard nothing about this at all, was there an announcement?

Hey, it's a start. If they stick with it and expand I would assume they will at least run D-lift and we might ski from mid-station down in the future if it pays off.

I believe it if 180 says it's going to happen.

Funky_Catskills

The lights were a purchase for Mountain Jam Camping area(Hunter One)...
They just happen to be lights that can be used for night skiing... Nice..

I doubt they will expand this..