• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hydeaway Inn-Waitsfield VT

xwhaler

Catsup948 and I are planning a Mid March MRV trip (BV, MRG, Bush). Looking at Hydeaway for 1 of the nights.
Reviews seem great with bar/food...trying to keep cost economical...besides the Hostel are there any other places we should consider?

jimk

I have stayed twice in recent years at both the Hostel Tevere and the Golden Lion/Riverside Inn. They are near the intersection of the Sugarbush access road and 100. Hostel T is very good if you're OK with the shared bunk room format. Golden Lion costs a bit more, but still moderate for the area. Rooms are nothing fancy, but several have mini kitchens which I like for stays of 3 nights or longer and they have some larger rooms/apts that can hold three or four adult men with separate beds. Golden Lion also has a decent outdoor hot tub.

skifastinvt

Check out the White Horse Inn. New owners reopened it last winter. I stayed there twice. Can't beat the value, location and the included breakfast is fantastic!

Scruffy

How old are you? Do you like music? Partying ? If so Slide Brook lodge has cheap rooms with comfy beds. Shared baths, and music that plays until 1-2 am. And maybe a party in the hot tub with the band afterwards.

Tin

Hostel is great and has some of the better food around. We stayed at the Golden Lion last year. Pretty cool being right on the back of the river.

xwhaler

Check out the White Horse Inn. New owners reopened it last winter. I stayed there twice. Can't beat the value, location and the included breakfast is fantastic!

This place looks like a great value---nicer than some of the others. No bar though which is probably a deal breaker given this is a few guys away from the wife/kids for the wknd

shadyjay

Website
linktr.ee
Hostel is great and has some of the better food around. We stayed at the Golden Lion last year. Pretty cool being right on the back of the river.

Correction: HAD some of the better food around. The restaurant is closed permanently. Too bad, their burgers were dank and I heard the brunch was really good too. Bar will remain open.

WWF-VT

This place looks like a great value---nicer than some of the others. No bar though which is probably a deal breaker given this is a few guys away from the wife/kids for the wknd

Eat/drink at the Hyde Away and stay at the White Horse - they are about one mile away from each other. The White Horse does serve beer/wine for guests but does not have a public bar.

Savemeasammy

Are those of us under the age of 70 allowed to play shuffleboard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tin

Correction: HAD some of the better food around. The restaurant is closed permanently. Too bad, their burgers were dank and I heard the brunch was really good too. Bar will remain open.

WTF. Hell happened? Their burgers and poutine was amazing.

xwhaler

How old are you? Do you like music? Partying ? If so Slide Brook lodge has cheap rooms with comfy beds. Shared baths, and music that plays until 1-2 am. And maybe a party in the hot tub with the band afterwards.

Early 30s. Enjoy live music but will be skiing hard during the day so not needing a party atmosphere. Hydeaway seems like a good combo of apres ski bar/locals hang/good food. Basically what we are after. Hard to beat $80\night for a room

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Can't speak to the overnight experience, but the food & atmosphere at the Hydeaway are great. It was one of my favorite stops when I lived just off of Rt. 17, about another mile toward MRG.