• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

If you could talk to one dead person for an hour.... who would it be?

o3jeff

I Hart, you better clarify with Marc and his rules if you can have more than one person at this meeting....;-)

MRGisevil

HIJACK. A ha.. ha ha.

Marc, man- you're letting me down :( You were my partner in movie quote crime at one point... What's happened to you man? :(

campgottagopee

I think Rasputin would be pretty col to hang out with for an hour----I'd just hang and drink a few with him.

Beetlenut

A little matter of a bonus Edison failed to pay him... Edison was a dick..

Not only that, but Edison tried to ruin Tesla by pulling publicity stunts to derail the AC power revolution that Tesla was promoting. George Westinghouse was the man that helped Tesla bring his inventions to the world and fund his research.

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
Exactly why I would like to talk to Tesla himself. Edison made a inventory factory and essentially threw bodies into the factory until he founds things that worked. Tesla had a scientific method behind his thinking which fuel his technical genius.

BTW, I thought I read memoirs that Edison stated, dc power generation ways one of his biggest regret but maybe he could not publicly admit it since he financial backers on his side expecting results.

that scientific method would be pretty helpfull for problem solving.

A little matter of a bonus Edison failed to pay him... Edison was a dick..

i thought i put that in much more eliquint way but you are absoulutly right. he was a crochedy old man. i think i read somehwere that edison tried to take tesla and GE to court claiming AC was developed while telsa worked for him. an IP case way back then.

BeanoNYC

actually edison thought DC was the way to go untill the very end.

and so the electric chair was invented...to prove that AC was dangerous. I believe that there is still a small part of Manhattan that is powered by Edison's old DC lines.

ComeBackMudPuddles

I'd ask Julias Caesar how he had time to come up with such a delicious salad and salad dressing while waging war throughout the ancient world. I'd also ask him if he likes his with chicken, like me, or just with croutons.

016.jpg

JuliusCaesar.jpg

ctenidae

Maybe Pontius Pilate, at least as a contemporary of JC? Get the real dirt on that trial.

Or Helen of Troy. I hear she was hot.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Maybe Pontius Pilate, at least as a contemporary of JC? Get the real dirt on that trial.

Or Helen of Troy. I hear she was hot.

Well played, sir. I did not explicity prohibit a conjugal visit.

In which case, my pick might have to be Grace Kelly, mid 50's era.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
It's a hypothetical, so, he wouldn't be dead at the time.
Would this be the person re-animated in his/her own body? Or just a wispy soul that appeared for this short meeting? And if s/he is in his/her own body, would the body have been restored to its former glory or be the rotting carcass that's in the soil? (Or in the case of cremation... eek!) Are we able to select the age the person appears as, or is it whatever age the person was when s/he passed on?

I have trouble with all of this anyway....but I won't get into my philosophy and I'm just trying to play along. ;)

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Would this be the person re-animated in his/her own body? Or just a wispy soul that appeared for this short meeting? And if s/he is in his/her own body, would the body have been restored to its former glory or be the rotting carcass that's in the soil? (Or in the case of cremation... eek!) Are we able to select the age the person appears as, or is it whatever age the person was when s/he passed on?

I have trouble with all of this anyway....but I won't get into my philosophy and I'm just trying to play along. ;)

You won't get anywhere trying to apply rules of logic to a hypothetical fantasy. It has nothing to do with your philosophy or anyone else's, or the laws of the physical universe. It's the neat part about imagination, one is not bound by rules or laws.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Except of course when we're playing my imaginative game, in which case one is bound by my thoroughly draconian and authoritarian rules.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
You won't get anywhere trying to apply rules of logic to a hypothetical fantasy. It has nothing to do with your philosophy or anyone else's, or the laws of the physical universe. It's the neat part about imagination, one is not bound by rules or laws.

Except of course when we're playing my imaginative game, in which case one is bound by my thoroughly draconian and authoritarian rules.

Says the guy how has eleventy million rules for this thread alone. :dunce:
:lol: Exactly! :lol:

Just trying to figure out what your rules of the game are, that's all....

I still think not, BTW.