• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

If you could talk to one dead person for an hour.... who would it be?

madman

Frank Zappa. I would love to hear his take on things. As to where we are and where we are heading.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Rule number eleventy, no philosiphizing in my thread.

dodgeball.jpg

jack97

would have to be Nikola Tesla. i have a ton of questions for that cat.

My only questions to Tesla would be... why the riff between he and Edison. What evidence did he show to Edison to prove AC power generation was the way to go.

jack97

The person I would like to talk to is George Marshall, top general during WW2 and sec of state for Truman during the sovereignty issues with Israel.....

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
My only questions to Tesla would be... why the riff between he and Edison. What evidence did he show to Edison to prove AC power generation was the way to go.

actually edison thought DC was the way to go untill the very end. GE pushed the AC standard when they started the hydro electric plant at niagra. edison was a very stuborn man. he was essentially the henry ford of invention (you can have your car in any color as loang as its black). many of edisons ideas where tesla's. tesla worked for him for a number of years. he actually had a stable of very smart people working for him. tesla worked compleatly in his head. there are no notes on any of his work or theory's.

Philpug

Swell. I was going to say Ronald Reagan but he doesn't remember anything before death. I guess we'll just stare at each other.:spin:

ROFLMAO..Thank you, I haven't laughed that hard in a while.

My father, he died when I was 12. Would like to let him meet my wife and son. Feild of Dreams moment, maybe play a game of catch while we talked.

Let's say you have your choice to bring back from the dead, just one person, and have a chance to have an hour long conversation... who would it be and what would you talk about?

Rules of the game:
1) Can't be Jesus or any other divisive religious figure
2) If it's a politician, and you want to talk about politics, you can't give specifics, so as not to break the no politics rules.... just say it's so and so, and "I'd talk politics" or something to that effect

Ahahaha...wow what a question..maybe my grandfather since he passed away about three years ago..I could update him on my life and tell him about the girls I've gotten with since he's always been a perv. But it's such a hypothetical question since dead people can't talk..lol

jack97

actually edison thought DC was the way to go untill the very end. GE pushed the AC standard when they started the hydro electric plant at niagra. edison was a very stuborn man. he was essentially the henry ford of invention (you can have your car in any color as loang as its black). many of edisons ideas where tesla's. tesla worked for him for a number of years. he actually had a stable of very smart people working for him. tesla worked compleatly in his head. there are no notes on any of his work or theory's.

Exactly why I would like to talk to Tesla himself. Edison made a inventory factory and essentially threw bodies into the factory until he founds things that worked. Tesla had a scientific method behind his thinking which fuel his technical genius.

BTW, I thought I read memoirs that Edison stated, dc power generation ways one of his biggest regret but maybe he could not publicly admit it since he financial backers on his side expecting results.