• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Info about Okemo ?

tjrjr

I am going up to Okemo with my family tomorrow , wife and two kids. The wife likes blue groomers and we like to be challenged and ski the trees. the last time i was at Okemo was in 1985 so i don't remember what the trails are like. Could be getting old or the 80's were a little hazy.

Any info would be great

Tom

bobbutts

Your wife is going to be happy, you can't really miss on the blue groomers at Okemo. Probably avoid the Northstar Express during peak hours is the one thing to keep in mind. There are some on map glades spread around the mtn, I suspect they will be in fairly rough condition.

gmcunni

agree ^^ woods might not be great this time of year. try south face, there are glades along side some nice cruisers.

skiking4

Okemo is prob up near the top on the list for the flattest mountain in VT. Have fun though! The park is great and the runs have pretty nice vertical too.

medfordmike

I was there on President's weekend. The glades were in rough shape then so I stuck to the trails. Not the most challenging or interesting of mountains. They do a great job of grooming and it is a great family mountain. They really are blue kind of place but that is not a bad thing just a reality if the glades are in bad shape.