• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Is Kiteboarding the Best Cross-Training for Snowboarding?

BoardSportDude

I've been snowboarding now for over 20 years and I used to think wakeboarding was the best off-season "board training" there was for snowboarding. Last Fall some of my ski & snowboarding buddies invited me to go to South Padre Island (SPI), TX to learn to kiteboard. After learning and kiteboarding this summer I am convinced kiteboarding is the best cross-training "board training" for snowboarding. I'm looking forward to trying snowkiting using my snowboard sometime.

Anyone agree with me that kiteboarding is the best non-snowboarding training for snowboarding?

Anyone else kiteboard? or snowkite? If so what do you think?

FYI: there is an outfit called Kiteland Resort in SPI offering free kiteboarding lessons this fall if anyone is interested.

VTKilarney

This person has only made one post to a New England based forum and the post just happens to recommend a specific Kite Boarding facility in South Padre Island, Texas. The "free" lessons require you to: 1) Stay at one of three "approved" hotels (hmm... I wonder why...); 2) Rent equipment at $39 per day; 3) Join the US Kiteboarder Association for $49.

And there just happen to be posts in other forums made by users who have only made a single post. For example, this post in a forum for bodybuilders: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162142801

Hmm... this wouldn't be shameless advertising, would it?