• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Is something coming next weekend?

C-Rex

9-13 inches?!!! If that's right, I just have one question: Who's coming with me?

Glenn

The local weather guy was talking about something being around shortly after Thanksgiving. That would be a nice long weekend treat.

Huck_It_Baby

This would be awesome! I see snow forecast predicting even more at northern resorts.

Keeping my fingers crossed but it's still a little far out to be predicting such specific amounts, no?

slatham

I've checked out Weatherbell and Accuweather Pro today. It certainly looks like colder weather is coming in, in stages, over the next week. Chance for something this weekend, maybe something bigger next week. BUT the models have gone back and forth between cold but sunny, and a dump. One of the guys on Accuweather calls next week "an extremely low confidence forecast" with each model run showing something different, and models not agreeing with one another. So I wouldn't get too excited about anything beyond this weekend, other than the cold does look to be getting stronger and stronger. We should reconvene this forum on Friday......and THINK SNOW in the meantime!

WWF-VT

skiberg

Here is the longer term forecast from NEK weather. The bottom line looks like we may have something here. It definitely bears watching, although this forecast, if this materializes, seems to suggest Sunday more than Sat.
CHANCES FOR SOME LIGHT PRECIPITATION INCREASE FRIDAY AS SHALLOW COLD
FRONT DROPS SOUTH ACROSS THE AREA. THIS WILL BE FOLLOWED BY A
STRONGER TROUGH MOVING IN FROM THE GREAT LAKES REGION NEXT WEEKEND.
GFS/ECMWF OFFERING DIFFERING SOLUTIONS. GFS SHOWING LARGE POLAR
VORTEX MOVING EAST FROM GREAT LAKES SATURDAY INTO NEW ENGLAND
SUNDAY...ALONG WITH COLD/ARCTIC FRONTAL PASSAGE. ECMWF INDICATING
A DIGGING UPPER TROUGH APPROACHING FROM GREAT LAKES
SATURDAY...GENERATING DEVELOPMENT OF SURFACE LOW MID ATLANTIC
STATES...WHICH THEN TRACKS UP INTO GULF OF MAINE BY SUNDAY. SO
WHILE BOTH MODELS INDICATE PRESENCE OF SIGNIFICANT UPPER TROUGH
DEVELOPMENT NEXT WEEKEND WITH RETURN TO COLDER TEMPERATURES...THE
GFS SOLUTION WOULD BE MORE CONVECTIVE SNOW SHOWERS AS OPPOSED TO
ECMWF WHICH WOULD INDICATE A MORE WIDESPREAD STRATIFORM PRECIPITATION
EVENT. FOR NOW...HAVE STAYED CLOSE TO PREVIOUS FORECAST WITH
CHANCE SNOW SHOWERS...WITH 40-50 PERCENT POPS FOR SATURDAY AND A
BIT LESS SUNDAY.

catsup948

It going to get real cold next week! November is the worst. Bone chilling nights with zero snow on the ground. Bring on the snow!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Huck_It_Baby

The initial 9-13 inches predicted on Snow-forecast.com seems to have fizzled out.

Seeing only 2-3 Friday night now. A few inches on top of a groomer sounds pretty good for early season though. I'll take it.

ScottySkis

The initial 9-13 inches predicted on Snow-forecast.com seems to have fizzled out.

Seeing only 2-3 Friday night now. A few inches on top of a groomer sounds pretty good for early season though. I'll take it.

Just north Vermont, hopefully Mountain snow gets some to.

dlague

Every snow forecast so far has fizzled out! Hope this is not a season long trend!