• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jackson Hole 3-6-7

dmc

Weather: Warm - low 40's - Sunny.

Conditions: Pwowder, Pack Powder,Chopped Powder,Plain old crud

Report: Today I hooked up with a friend from Hunter who's doing some 'bumming' out here.. He and a freind who's lived here for 6 years and I did some OB through the gates off of Rendezvous Bowl. After bootpacking>traversing>bootpacking>traversing... We ended up on the top of nice ridge looking across the valley back at the entrance to Rock Springs
JacksonHole_03-05-2007_007.jpg

Looking back to Rendevoux Bowl.
JacksonHole_03-05-2007_012.jpg

After hanging for a bit we started down the face
We were jumping off a rock into the pow... and powder - working down to the rock band..

I work my way through a chute in a rock band and ride up to our friend that was guiding us... He points up the hill and i see my buddy Hoppy with no skis on looking for his stuff after a fall... One ski is a few feet under him and the other.... Well.... The other was about a meter from the edge of a cliff... A nice sized cliff..

In this shot you can see Hoppy in the top left and his ski at the bottom
JacksonHole_03-05-2007_014.jpg

We were pretty freaked out about the whole thing.. This guy has to climb 20 feet down a steep slope to get to a ski that on the edge of a cliff... :roll: All we could do is advise him and watch him... We knew it was going to involve him hucking the cliff after he got his skis on... Which he did... He climbed up a bit and launched it... We advised him of the right line to get past the rock face... the landing was as clear as it could be...
He jumped.. And landed in snow over his head... insane.. :)

After we regrouped we rode down here... nice stuff... All untracked..
JacksonHole_03-05-2007_017.jpg

After we had lunch we headed back for some inbounds jems.. this shot across the valley is the sweet chute we did the day before - near tower 13 of the Sublette Chair..
JacksonHole_03-05-2007_019.jpg

Day 3 tomorrow... I can only wonder what kinda crazy crap were going to be doing... :)

I love Jackson..

dmc

One more qucik vid before heading out for the day...

Bumpsis

Great report and really nice pictures/vids. JH is one of the places I really would like to visit.