• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jackson Hole>Grand Targhee 3/7-8

dmc

JH 3/7/2007
Conditions - Pow, sunbake, corn
Kind of a chill day.. Trees had some cold snow left. But only certain faces, so getting around was a pain. I broke off the crowd and rode alone with the tunes cranked..
Rode the Central Chutes a bunch - they were bumped up but really soft..
Looking in to the chute...
JacksonHole_03-07-2007_CentralChute_4.jpg

Rode the East Ridge Chair a few times... It's the chair that goes to the top in liue of the tram..
JacksonHole_03-07-2007_EastRidgeChair.jpg

Grand Targhee 3/8/2007
Conditions - Classic Dust on Crust
GT got a few inches of fresh.. It was breezy... We knew we had to find where all the snow.. I immediately went over to the new chair they put in since i was there last... It was nice.. But seems like it stops too soon... We were riding on crust froem the day before with fresh in the pockets... Not too great...
After a couple times down I just happened to run into my new bud from Jackson.. He was there with a kid who he used to coach freestyle..
These guys took to the goods.. Still crust under boot but deeper dust... :)
They also took me to a few "shelters" built on the mountain...
One was a sweet igloo that they build every year on a spot that always drifts...
Climbing in to the igloo..
JacksonHole_03-08-2007_Targhee_Snowcave_1.jpg

JacksonHole_03-08-2007_Targhee_Snowcave_5.jpg

JacksonHole_03-08-2007_Targhee_Snowcave_2.jpg