• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jay Peak 4/2

SKIQUATTRO

great vid....thinking about heading to Jay Sat night and skiing Sunday,,,worth it??? or should I head to Stowe or Bush??? Coming up from Long Island

Greg

Staff member
hiroto said:
Yeah, right, the day before they got fresh 10 inches. Oh well, still the first visit to Jay for me and my 9 years old son was fun. It was hard to believe that the day before they have everything but one glade closed though. They had something like 56 trails open that day. Too lazy to type up the detail so take a look:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4384153398807303160
That video is great. Your boy is a little thrasher! Looks like he has no fear and really enjoys skiing. Inspiring. When did you start him skiing? I can't wait to get my daughters out there!

hiroto

Greg said:
That video is great. Your boy is a little thrasher! Looks like he has no fear and really enjoys skiing. Inspiring. When did you start him skiing? I can't wait to get my daughters out there!

Yeah, he really impressed me with this trip. In the morning after a couple runs on groomers, we tried Beaver Pond Glade and found out it was nice and soft comparing to icy crusers. So went back up the tram and looked for Valhalla glade. Steep and narrow entrance looked a little intimidating. I called my son to ask him if he wanted to try. He just went down without giving me a chance to ask:) This is the kid who does most of his skiing at Wachusett and this was the only tree skiing we managed to do this season.

He tried a little bit when he was two but really started at three. We started earlier with
his sister. Here is the video of her, two seasons ago when she was two.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6813615447409623455

She was still wearing diaper at that point :)

Last edited:

hiroto

SKIQUATTRO said:
great vid....thinking about heading to Jay Sat night and skiing Sunday,,,worth it??? or should I head to Stowe or Bush??? Coming up from Long Island

Jay supposely got a foot more since last Sunday so maybe it is still holding ok. But hey, I've been there only once so I'm not much of an authority there.