• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jay Peak Artist Passes Away

dlague

If you have ever skied Jay Peak since the new Hotel has been there, you may have noticed some artwork around the resort that always had yellow as a key color. The artist was Adrien Patnaude AKA Adrien "Yellow". Many times we look at art and admire it or not and continue on our way. In this particular case, I always looked at each of these and admired the work. Then again, I paid a little more attention to the images because - he was my cousin! He passed away this week at the young age of 64! RIP- Adrien!

Maybe next time visiting Jay Peak you will notice the art or not - but if you do - you can make a connection!

http://www.adrienyellowart.com/

thetrailboss

Staff member
He was a good friend of the original trailboss. Sorry to hear this and I regret not getting one of his pieces!

deadheadskier

Staff member
Sorry to hear about your cousin Dlague. Very cool that his memory will live on for a long time through his art. I checked out his website and he has some really fantastic work.

LONGBOARDR

He was a great artist, I especially liked the painting that depicts Jay Peak from the rt 101 Troy vantage point with the Tram Haus. One of many people that make the NEK so unique and special.
Our sincere condolences

dlague

He was a great artist, I especially liked the painting that depicts Jay Peak from the rt 101 Troy vantage point with the Tram Haus. One of many people that make the NEK so unique and special.
Our sincere condolences

That is for sure! I used to work on his fathers farm when I was in high school and Adrien was a down to earth really nice person that is for sure!

Thanks everyone! While, we planned on skiing Saturday - we will be attending his funeral instead. This is one of those days where missing skiing really does not matter, regrettably!

dlague

Sorry to hear about your cousin Dlague. Very cool that his memory will live on for a long time through his art. I checked out his website and he has some really fantastic work.

Well if any of you make it to Jay Peak - Alice's Table as well as the Hotel have several hanging. His style is very comforting to look at,

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Can't say I've noticed these but I'll say this - there's as much if not more purple as yellow in these paintings. Very distinctive and the perfect colors to brighten an otherwise drab winter day.

dlague

Can't say I've noticed these but I'll say this - there's as much if not more purple as yellow in these paintings. Very distinctive and the perfect colors to brighten an otherwise drab winter day.

What? Winter drab? How dare you!

On a more serious note the key is not to have lots of yellow but instead to have that color in every painting.

i typed with my i thumbs using AlpineZone

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
What? Winter drab? How dare you!

On a more serious note the key is not to have lots of yellow but instead to have that color in every painting.

Well, ya know not everyday is sunny in winter. It has to snow sometimes. For those with seasonal depression these paintings add a dash of sunshine. My wife might like something like this.

dlague

Well, ya know not everyday is sunny in winter. It has to snow sometimes. For those with seasonal depression these paintings add a dash of sunshine. My wife might like something like this.

+1

i typed with my i thumbs using AlpineZone