• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jay Peak: "We'll reopen on Thursday and who says you can't get a free lunch?!"

moguler6

Very tempting! Their snow report says snow for Thursday and Friday too. If they'd spin the Flyer or Bonnie I'd go in a second.

Pros - only game on town, almost
- cheap

cons - it's going to be really warm this weekend so it will be sludge not corn.
- no moguls
- really long day trip

abc

- cheap

- no moguls
- really long day trip
I was rather tempted. The tipping point ended up being:

If it's grey and chilly down south, in other words good-for-nothing weather, it'd be a no brainer to endure the long drive to have fun sliding around.

But with sunny 70-80 degree down here, I find it hard to get motivated to drive for 5 hours ONE WAY when I can just roll my bike out the door, and in 5 hours, I would have ... 5 hours of fun!

gmcunni

know what would be great? a local ski shop in CT puts together a last minute bus trip to Jay for the day!

leave ct @ 4:00 AM
arrive 9:30ish
ski all day
bus ride home

mister moose

- cheap

- no moguls
- really long day trip

Not true. Some fun bumps built on Haynes by mid afternoon. We'll see what they groom for tomorrow.

deadheadskier

Staff member
According to Jay's FB page, they sold 1,100 tickets on Saturday alone. :eek:

at $35 a whack yes?

So, 750 Thursday, 500 Friday, 1100 Saturday. $82500 in lift ticket revenue. That's a number K had to BLOW AWAY back in the day. If you can't make money with that kind of revenue spinning one lift and limiting other operational expenses, you're doing something wrong.

WJenness

at $35 a whack yes?

So, 750 Thursday, 500 Friday, 1100 Saturday. $82500 in lift ticket revenue. That's a number K had to BLOW AWAY back in the day. If you can't make money with that kind of revenue spinning one lift and limiting other operational expenses, you're doing something wrong.

QFT

Insane. (and awesome)

-w

skibumm100

$29

Kids were $29. My son had a season's pass (that he won on closing weekend last year) so he didn't have to buy a ticket....but he DID have to buy lunch.:wink:

I'm sure some others were pass holders. The thing I noticed on Thursday was that it seemed like half of the people in line had vouchers or some other comp pass. I bet the amount of skiers was high but the revenue from them was not as high as you would guess. I paid the $39 but a lot of people didn't. They were checking tickets for part of the day which was probably a good idea.